The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

I'm getting ready to expand on the "Winchester Chicken House" by adding on some exterior nest boxes. What would you folks say is the best size for large English Blue Orpingtons?

Length
Width
Height
Opening size
??
hu.gif

Wow, I was glancing through the "What Breed or Gender" section and there are bunch of "Orpington" threads and the birds in them look NOTHING like Orps to me. I'm guessing that's what hatchery birds turn out like? They don't look anything like the birds on this thread, or even like the American SOP birds.

I'm getting ready to expand on the "Winchester Chicken House" by adding on some exterior nest boxes. What would you folks say is the best size for large English Blue Orpingtons?

Length
Width
Height
Opening size
??
hu.gif

I wonder about this, too. I look at standard size nesting boxes and then I look at my rapidly expanding birds and just shake my head.

I'm getting ready to expand on the "Winchester Chicken House" by adding on some exterior nest boxes.  What would you folks say is the best size for large English Blue Orpingtons?

Length
Width
Height
Opening size
??  :confused:
I would say Extra Extra Large:O Seriously though, my standard boxes are 12x18. You could try 18x18? Height? I'm not sure...

Back
Top Bottom