The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Hope the hatching season is going well for all of you.... I'm up to my eyeballs in chicks. This group just hit the grow out pen a couple days ago... Around 50 in this group, they're between 4-7 weeks of age. In another month, they'll be segregated by sex. They are cleaning out 11lbs of chick feed every 2 days at the moment :(

Still have another 50 between 2-4 weeks locked up in the coop, and will probably hatch another 50 just to be safe that I have plenty of birds to choose from for next years breeders. Gonna be a massive freezer camp meeting at the end of the summer, but I'm very hopeful for some truly impeccable quality birds for next year. I'm quite pleased with all of their parents, just want to tweak a couple things here and there.

I have never been able to make this thing work!

Took me a while too. Pick a rooster then a hen. Then to the right of the hen, push the link that says "Go to Calculator" it will take you to a new page with your chosen pair at the top. If you go to the bottom of the roosters list of possible genes, you will see a button to get results. Don't push the go to calculator button underneath or you will have to start over (ask me how I know!! ) so hit the calculate results button and you will see all the options for offspring. You can then cross one back to a parent or 2 of the offspring to each other and calculate the results of that cross...

Thanks everyone. I have trouble picking the right coloring. I will look for the mobile version as folks always use it and it sounds like a must for trying to determine what will happen. Also I am always amazed at how the choice of which breed is male and female really influences some things in certain instances.

I look forward to making the calculator my friend!

Genetics questions...

I am loving my chocolates and my silver laced chicks..I have seen some stunning silver laced chocolates out of Keith's Orps in Engand...Since i cannot afford to import some, will someone explain to me how I might start trying to produce this as a project? It is probably very far fetched, but I have time and I have chickens...LOL

Genetics questions...

I am loving my chocolates and my silver laced chicks..I have seen some stunning silver laced chocolates out of Keith's Orps in Engand...Since i cannot afford to import some, will someone explain to me how I might start trying to produce this as a project? It is probably very far fetched, but I have time and I have chickens...LOL
Well it's actully simplier than you may think
big_smile.png
! What you need to do if put a Silver Roo over Chocolate Hens. The off spring will be F1 and you will need to breed the F1s toghether! Yes brother and sister
barnie.gif
. Or you could buy some from some one in the US! There are actully only 1 or 2 peple I know that have any started! Me and a friend of mine will be breeding new blodd in to the kiddy pool of blood of the Silvers.

Back
Top Bottom