The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

my big fluffy chocolate cuckoo boy :love

He is WOW.. I can't believe I overlooked these birds entirely bc of my opinion on hatchery buffs. I will admit, seeing my first jubilee in person (I'd never even seen pictures of one). That's what did me in. Of course I still don't have any jubilee but they are next on my list...

Last edited:
lavender to black mottled will throw all black chicks. They will be split for mottled and lavender. Breed them together for lavender, lavender mottled, black, and black mottled. Of course those 2nd generation chicks that are lavender could or could not carry mottled and with black but they could or could not carry lavender and mottled.

I think that is what I read..the 1st Gen has about a 50/50 chance of being split correct? So I'd basically need to keep every baby I can hatch and do very controlled pair (maybe trio) breedings?

I think that is what I read..the 1st Gen has about a 50/50 chance of being split correct? So I'd basically need to keep every baby I can hatch and do very controlled pair (maybe trio) breedings?
your first generation from your black mottled cockerel and your lavender pullet will yield 100% black chicks, all will be split for mottled and lavender

Last edited:
my big fluffy chocolate cuckoo boy
love.gif
Beautiful!!!!
He looks like my Double Barred Choc Cuckoo Orp, "Brick." He's total eye candy & all the hens adore him. He was give to me by a friend as a chick.
(I think yours has a nicer tail, but don't tell Brick.
hide.gif
)

My only concern is that Brick's so much smaller than my other orps.
Here he is next to a lav pullet about the same age.

Here's Brick next to a lav cock (lav is about 10 weeks younger)

This is a pic showing the diff in fluffiness between an 8 month cock & a 20 month roo

We have one feisty bantam orp, Cookie. (She's an English bantam orp hen)

When Cookie puffs herself up, she looks about the size of a medium LF breed, but it's all fluff. She feels very light when I pick her up.
Here's Cookie doing her turkey imitation.

my gal
(No current good pic of the lav)
gig.gif
lau.gif

As I was catching up on all the recent posts, I read your post too quickly.

I thought you were calling the guinea here a lav orp & saying it was not a good pic. Yes, that would be one ugly orp, but it's a beautiful guinea.

Oh & I can't forget to mention that your orps are beauties too!

Last edited:
:gig :lau
As I was catching up on all the recent posts, I read your post too quickly.

I thought you were calling the guinea here a lav orp & saying it was not a good pic.  Yes, that would be one ugly orp, but it's a beautiful guinea.

Oh & I can't forget to mention that your orps are beauties too!

Bwhahahaha...I just died

My phone died before I got the pics of American and English
hmm.png

I did get these though of my single barred chocolate cuckoo cockerel and one of the mauve girls.
Beautiful birds! How old are they?
I have 4 EO (different colors) and 1 Australorp chicks the oldest is a week old and the youngest one is 4 days old...I have so much to learn!

:gig :lau As I was catching up on all the recent posts, I read your post too quickly. I thought you were calling the guinea here a lav orp & saying it was not a good pic. Yes, that would be one ugly orp, but it's a beautiful guinea. Oh & I can't forget to mention that your orps are beauties too!
:lau I didn't even catch that!
Beautiful!!!! He looks like my Double Barred Choc Cuckoo Orp, "Brick." He's total eye candy & all the hens adore him. He was give to me by a friend as a chick. (I think yours has a nicer tail, but don't tell Brick. :oops: ) [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] My only concern is that Brick's so much smaller than my other orps. Here he is next to a lav pullet about the same age. [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] Here's Brick next to a lav cock (lav is about 10 weeks younger) [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] This is a pic showing the diff in fluffiness between an 8 month cock & a 20 month roo [COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR] We have one feisty bantam orp, Cookie. (She's an English bantam orp hen) When Cookie puffs herself up, she looks about the size of a medium LF breed, but it's all fluff. She feels very light when I pick her up. Here's Cookie doing her turkey imitation.
I love cookie. Such a typical bantam personality. Small but mighty :lol: I also love brick. I've seem him before. Odd he is so small. My boy weighs 15lbs. He's huge. He has enough strength in his beak to bite my finger and keep me from pulling it back out. Hard to pry his mouth open too. He had bumblefoot when I got him back and had to cram amoxicillin pills down his throat is the only reason I know this :lol:

Beautiful birds! How old are they?
I have 4 EO (different colors) and 1 Australorp chicks the oldest is a week old and the youngest one is 4 days old...I have so much to learn!
I'm waiting on the lady I got these guys back from to give me a hatch date. She had my original chocolate hen and cuckoo cock for about a year and then decided she wanted to continue with lavender only. They were later in the summer last year, guessing June/July hatches.

Back
Top Bottom