The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

So here's the blue or lav orp that I've been saying is male.

Age = 3.5 weeks

He's
still massive..... but I have a feeling it's Jewel's genetics making "him" an XL chick and maybe not the gender.

Body & feet are BIG. Main reasons for my male prediction.
IMG_2821.JPG

Head shape is slightly male-ish rounded (females are more angular)..... but there's a lack of any comb & wattle development.
IMG_2822.JPG

The black orp is the sister who hatched about an hour later.
IMG_2824.JPG

I've known all along that she's a girl. Everything about her is petite. Her comb is merely a thin part in the chick down where a comb may grow.
IMG_2825.JPG

OOOOoooo, let me know how you like the new 360.
Testing out my new toy!

It was very easy to set up. I had to move the turkey eggs around a bit to make sure they would turn. (TOO BIG) The quail eggs roll more half hazard, but they're going to be moved out at some point anyway. I'll probably remove them when I add a few chicken eggs next week.

IMG_2858.JPG

I like the compact size & exterior water refill

IMG_2859.JPG

It took me a while to figure out how to change the #incubation days (for the turkey eggs). It's auto default is 21 days and 99.5'F, so it was practically plug in and go.

@homeschoolin momma
You know who was pretty generous with the turkey eggs..... I asked for 3. LOL If you want a poult or 2 let me know. Since the eggs were a gift to me, I'm happy to pass along some extras. Perhaps they can hang out with your Spitzes. (Or better yet = have one of your serama mamas adopt a turkey! I'd love to see that!)

@ColtHandorf oh, the possibilities!
A livestock guardian animal (like a donkey)
A brinsea incubator
Guinea keets
A new chicken tractor
Peacocks!!

Haha! Pretty sure my roommate would kill me if I brought home a donkey. She detests guineas (I'll sneak them in eventually). Peacocks might not be the end of the world, but as gorgeous as they are I'm always kind of terrified to get them for fear they'd run off, get killed, or get sick, and die. And while I wouldn't say no to a chicken tractor and I'd love a new incubator (right now), it is neither of those things. I'll give you a hint though...they are Orpingtons...

I'll give you a hint though...they are Orpingtons...

Darn, I would have guessed peacocks or emus. I'd love to know someone with emus!

Could it be some gold laced orps?

Penciled orps?

(I doubt "buff orps" since they're common)

maybe Blue-Buff Colombian orps? (My GG was very sweet)

OR Just a whole bunch of SLO hatching eggs to add to your flock's genetic diversity.
..... maybe a Blue SLO or 2.

....so what ARE you getting?

Back
Top Bottom