The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Good evening all,

Sorry to clog up the thread but I thought all your questions needed answering.

Quote:
As far as I'm aware from what my father has told me, who is a great friend of Bob's, Bob is responsible for creating the Cuckoo and Red varieties along with Chocolate and Blue Birchen Sussex with colours like the Red Cuckoo Orpington still in development. Something which highlights Bob's passion and perfectionism is that when the Red Cuckoos were, to my father's eye, perfectly finished, Bob still refused to release another year because he was still dissatisfied! On the colours I see what you're getting at; the Legbar and Crele colourings are very similar, over here I think it is just a simple case of distinguishing between the breed of Legbar and their colour for other descriptions.

Quote:
Those are the same pictures but we don't really mind sharing them with the world, it's a free one after all!! Yes, my extended family is living in and around Anaheim at the moment; we used to live there as well but never got round to going to San Francisco. I've always wanted to visit, mainly for the 60s throwbacks I think!

Quote:
Well to be honest, much to my own embarrassment, having come back from University and managed to get some photos of our birds, I had hoped to just 'show off' our breeding program and birds and I hadn't anticipated such interest. That is our eventual plan, and we are always open to further interest from buyers, but for any further questions on the commercial side please go through our website.

Quote:
Haha wow, good detective work! I am indeed Minh's son. I had heard about those plans falling through which I always thought was such a shame. I think it was all miscommunication because we have actually managed to obtain export and health certificates from DEFRA or at least to the fullest stage prior to actually testing specific birds and shipping- in the end mind, we all know what bureaucrats are like. If anyone is particularly interested, please just email and I can forward you the emails from DEFRA.

Finally as promised, our Red Orpington Cockerel, whom we have christened, in honour of Bob, 'True Gent'.

71640_red_orpington.png

Quote:
Those are the same pictures but we don't really mind sharing them with the world, it's a free one after all!! Yes, my extended family is living in and around Anaheim at the moment; we used to live there as well but never got round to going to San Francisco. I've always wanted to visit, mainly for the 60s throwbacks I think!

I literally have family members only minutes away from Anaheim. Does your great uncle raise any of these beautiful UK Orps down in Southern California?

Jeremy - I feel your pain with the egg situation. I've gotten 6 eggs over the past 2 weeks. I'm getting 1 egg every other day !!! That is NOT enough. LOL. I'm waiting on Clementine to start laying again since she is finished with her molt. The O's will be 8 months old on 01/05 - I am trying to "patiently" wait for them to start laying. Their combs are turning a slightly darker pink, but still not red. *sigh*

How old are your girls now Jeremy?

This a pic of one of my young 5 month old blue cockerels. I need a name for him. A nice English name. He is turning out very nice I think. Great tail angle so far
002-2.jpg

011-2.jpg

013-1.jpg

So far he has a great comb and wattles. I am looking forward to seeing him at 8 months

Here is Charlie, he has got thru his molt
008-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

Joy, I have a few for you. Here is Taylor
007-1.jpg

I think this is her too but I can't remember for sure
016-1.jpg

Next is a young Black that I am counting on for breeding blacks thisyear.
He is a hatch mate to the blue cockerel. He needs a good name too
015-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

Joy, my babies are almost 4 months old, they'll turn 16 weeks on December 29th. I hope, hope, hope I don't have to wait another 4 months to get eggs from them!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Okay, a few more. Sorry for all the pics. Joy this is Hoss and my other blue cockerel that needs a name too. Yall need to help me.

I love these two. I will be showing the Charlie cockerel in less than two weeks.
Hoss is the side view and Charlie Jr is straight forward
025-1.jpg

Look at the width on these boys. Hoss on the left, Charlie Jr on right
028-2.jpg

A few more of Charlie Jr. I wanted every one to see the crispness of his color
033-2.jpg

034-1.jpg

035-1.jpg

Kathy, he does favor his sibs. How old is he now?

Jermey I got four eggs today. Whoo Hoo

I have just a few more pics Sorry

Hoss
031-1.jpg

027-1.jpg

Hoss is out of Joys Winston
027-1.jpg

A few hens close to the end of their molt. They haven't got red combs back yet but their feathers are looking better. Of course I have a blue in there that just started a molt and she is horrible
040-1.jpg

050-1.jpg

051-1.jpg

This boy is darker than i want and his comb is not as good as i like but otherwise I love his type
058-1.jpg

This blue pullet has really good lacing. I am going to show her in Lake City
017-1.jpg
Her comb is a bit crooked in the front though

Last edited:
Wonderful pictures !!! Julie - Hoss is a hoss !! Can't wait to see him all grown up. I really want to see a picture of Chester. And Taylor is really, really lovely. I like your black boy too. And those lovely, fat pullets.
droolin.gif

Kathy - Prince is really nice looking too, but he looks like he has a lot of points on the comb? Can't see it really well, but he has a great type and size.

Here are some names...I have a few more, but I"m hoarding those for myself
hide.gif

Archibald
Jasper
Bartholomew
Cicero
Ignatius

Here's a good link to some English names

http://www.world-english.org/boys_names_list.htm

Back
Top Bottom