The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Quote:
My pockets aren't that deep! Those prices make my wallet cringe.
tongue.png

And did you notice that the reserve isn't even met, yet?!

Oh I didn't even visit the site...
roll.png

The pictures will make me want the birds, then I'll just get sad because I can't afford them. No thanks.
lau.gif

Well, I had an exciting event today !!! It was a nice sunny day here, but a bit windy. Went out this afternoon to let the chicksn out to roam the yard and I noticed that Blueberry was sitting on the nest when I let them out. This was a first for her, so I waited about 15 minutes until she came out of the coop and out in the yard. I ran in and checked the nest, but no egg. When I came out of the coop, she was standing in the yard all puffed up and PLOP
D.gif
...out dropped an egg !! LOL. I'm exited - I now have Blueberry, Bluebell and one of The O's laying !!!

Quote:
Congrats Joy. I am now getting alot of eggs. I discovered in my basement, where I have some of my pullets while the weather stunk a whole clutch of 11 eggs. One was crack. But they never lay where their supposed to. Tomorrow we all go out for the final time. Hope for no more Artic surprise fronts to blow down on Indy and my babies will be very happy. I am up to 5 little chicks.

How exciting that so many hens are starting to lay!
thumbsup.gif

On another happy note I FINALLY have a few fertile eggs growing in the bator from my Julie crew!
jumpy.gif
Three of them are due to go into lockdown tomorrow.
fl.gif

Quote:
Joy, that's awesome!! Can you believe you'll soon have all these little English babies running around? I can remember when you were waiting on eggs from Clem and Winston. I'm absolutely thrilled for you! I've still only got my blue girl laying, but noticed this morning that one of my black girl's comb is really reddening. I'm sure she won't be much longer.

Quote:
woot.gif
I can't wait to see more little fuzzies!

One of my Delawares laid her first egg that way Joy, this was back when we first started with chooks and it really shocked me. She was walking around like a penguin and I was starting to worry about her and then all of a sudden in the middle of the run she squatted down like a sumo wrestler and just like you said PLOP, out came the egg!
gig.gif

Thanks everyone - I'm really excited to start hatching again - it's been waaaaaaaaaaay too long !!

Lordy Paula - I sure do remember waiting on Clementine to start laying - I didn't think it was ever gonna happen. These girls took their sweet time too !! The O's were 9 months old yesterday. I'm still not sure which O is laying - I haven't been able to catch them on the nest. I hope the other O starts soon !!

Jeremy - that is just so funny isn't it? I laughed at that silly girl all day. She was all puffed up like a blowfish and then just plopped it right out and took off running....didn't even turn around to look at it.
gig.gif

Everyone in this pen got to free range for awhile last evening! These are the only two pics out of 25 that turned out! They were flying everywhere, this was only the second time since the first of Dec. that our lawn was almost snow free!!

I got 4 eggs from the english and they quit laying again!! Going to be a long Spring!!!!!!!

000_1203.jpg

000_1206.jpg

Hey everyone. Well I have two more hatched out of the 3 i put in the hatcher Sat nite and the other one is pipping. I think I have about six for next week.
Isn't it exciting. I have sold four of these but wish I had just kept them all. They look really good.
I have been so so busy and haven't had much chance to get on the puter. I am here at home right now waiting for them to deliver my 72 in Cast iron Clawfoot tub for the Bathroom remodel. My house is turned upside down with every thing setting everywhere waiting for the tile to be laid and then be installed.

I still haven't got all my breed pens set up. I am doing some of that next week hopefully. Ihave to get some chickens ready for the show in Newnan this weekend. Last show I am doing until the Orp national in Oct.
Glad everyone is getting eggs.
Joy let me know when you get some fertiles.
I am excited to see what everyone who got chicks from Joy and myself last year turns out with their hatches so please post your pics.

Sandy your are looking good

Back
Top Bottom