The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Renie'sPeeps :

ITS TIME TO POP the cork on the bottle...... My first Splash just hatched
yippiechickie.gif

Congratulations!
woot.gif

Thank you.. still hatching... this has really been a slow one. Started lock down on Saturday .. here it is Tues and there are at least 4 viable pips that I can see. There are more but no activety present.

Congrats Renie !! They can be slow sometimes and that is so nerve wracking !!

I just put 7 more in the hatcher this morning - due to hatch on Thursday. I've not been moving mine to the hatcher until day 19 - seems my hatches have been a lot quicker and better hatch rates overall.

Quote:
So you are not stopping the turning or moving them until day 19?

Yep I'm leaving them in the incubator and turning until day 19 - then I move to the hatcher.

Quote:
Well, my girls are laying like crazy - an egg a day from everybody, at least for now. I hope the egg production holds up. Last year, my 75% English girls laid great. Last year, Clementine laid about 4 days a week for several months, then went into a hard molt and didn't lay an egg for about 7 months. Since she started laying again, she is giving me an egg nearly every day.

Mine are outside, carrying on, making a racket about how much they have to lay right now... so much so I was woke up from a quite comfy sleep... darn fatties...
rant.gif

ETA: Oh and Neville apparently thinks I like for him to crow right next to our bedroom window...
lalala.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom