The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Renie'sPeeps :

Quote:
It is just another added fault is all I know... Not sure if it is a DQ for show purposes or not.. But I would send her to the layer pen.

renie

Also if its in the female its going to be really bad in her sons.​

Quote:
The Orpington Judge will have to go back through and judge them seperately from the American type. The UK Standard will also have to be used. If anyone has a copy of the UK Standard, please email it to me so we can get it to the show officials.

So a judge will then re-judge all the orpingtons to UK standard??

Edited to add: Is this something all the Oprington owners who are showing have given you consent to do... having their birds judged to UK standard?? Or are you having those that want to be part of the UK judging sign up for??

The judge should be able to tell what is and is not UK type at a simple glance. Those that are obviously UK type will be the ones he judges for these awards. No consent from the owners are needed to recieve the award. They can decline and donate the awards to the show's auction.

Quote:
So a judge will then re-judge all the orpingtons to UK standard??

Edited to add: Is this something all the Oprington owners who are showing have given you consent to do... having their birds judged to UK standard?? Or are you having those that want to be part of the UK judging sign up for??

The judge should be able to tell what is and is not UK type at a simple glance. Those that are obviously UK type will be the ones he judges for these awards. No consent from the owners are needed to recieve the award. They can decline and donate the awards to the show's auction.

Cool Im surprised that you got it approved and the Judge is on board with it, nice job.

This is not approved, I just got off the phone with Bill Wulff and the judge(s) will only be judging the orpingtons for the UOC National based on the American Standard of Perfection.

Last edited:
Does someone know the written difference in the american and UK standard? Apparently Im gathering here there is some dramatic dfference? And how did this come about once the first orpingtons came to america , how did the heritage change?

Quote:
The difference date back well over 100 years ago. Here is a page out of my 1911 Reliable Poultry Journal issue featuring Orpingtons. This book is available online at Amazon minus the pics.

023-3.jpg

I agree, this is not about the differences. What I posted was an announcment of two awards for the UK Type Orpingtons being shown at Crossroads. $100 for Grand champion UK Type and $50 for Reserve UK Type. Since I do not have any UK type, I will not even be competing. But some will and these will be awarded. If the winner declines to accept, we will have the show place them in the auction.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom