The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Here's the really notable fact about those pics:

Those birds are all juveniles.

I couldn't believe it. All too young to be laying, LEGGY and LEAN!!!!!

I was aghast, because what in the world will they look like when they've FILLED OUT?!?!?

I have never wanted Buffs for anything other than an ingredient in a color I was working on, but those made me drool.

Hi All,

It's been a while since I've been here and has taken me quite a while to get through all the posts and gorgeous pictures !! It's so great to see such interest in English Orps - makes me smile. It's also so nice to see pictures of so many of my "grandchicks" on here.

I just have to mention to Roger that WOW - those last pictures you posted are quite impressive. They are really turning out nicely !! Big Betty is a beauty and I love that blue pullet, too.

Most of my birds are molting and look terrible. However, I do have a nice picture of Goldie that I thought I'd post. She is right at 6 months old here. She is not laying yet and she is just the sweetest little girl. Winston and Clementine are almost through their molt and I'll try to get a few pictures of them in the next day or so. Winston & Clementine are almost 2.5 years old now (hard to believe) and they are more gorgeous than ever.

Anyway - good to see everyone, and here is Goldie.

Goldie10-2-11.jpg

Goldie10-02-11.jpg

Quote:
Congratulations! If you've never had English Orps before, you are going to LOVE them. Be sure to post pictures of their homecoming.

I will post pictures when they get here. I've had Orp's for years but only the hatchery ones. My buff orpingtons from hatchery will be 4 years in April and most are still laying. I know I will just love them to pieces.
Got to give Jeremy a big thumbs up on here for giving me the opportunity to have some of these wonderful birds. He seems like such a wonderful person. I will also say that he has really spoke highly of 3 lovely ladies on here. Joy, Julie, and Kathyinmo. I love reading all the post and looking at all the pictures you folks put on here but sometimes I have to keep off so I don't keep buying. lol

Quote:
They should fill in quite a bit more. The size of some of these birds is quite amazing - you have to see it to believe it.

This picture of Clementine has always been one of my favorites - she is right at 8 months old in this picture.

Clementine03-10-10.jpg

This is a favorite of Winston - he is already huge and is just barely 8 months old in the picture.

Winston03-10-10.jpg

You just don't realize how massive these birds are until you see them.

Last edited:
Thanks Roger - I appreciate that.

Immyjay - You will love your English Orps !! You definitely won't regret getting them - and Jeremy is just such a sweetheart.

Beth G. - I won't be selling eggs or chicks - I've retired from the chicken selling business. I am now being selfish and just enjoying my birds.

Galanie - Everybody is molting - no pics until that is over
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom