The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Quote: We have one neighbor that complained to our land owner that.... We have too many chickens, too many dogs and our children are too loud. We had 2 adult dogs then and their pup. We sold some layers and ducks, sold the adult dogs. We have not decided which child we are letting go!

If you move to the country, do not be angry if its the country!

We have one neighbor that complained to our land owner that.... We have too many chickens, too many dogs and our children are too loud. We had 2 adult dogs then and their pup. We sold some layers and ducks, sold the adult dogs. We have not decided which child we are letting go!

lau.gif

Common sense I have!.... Time is the issue. I don't have time to chase 30 or more chicks around to check each leg band and stressing them, my other birds, and ME . I would rather use my time more wisely. Like keeping them clean and comfortable all while I am busy taking care of the rest of my little farm.

I didn't say you in particular didn't have common sense.
wink.png

With 102 chickens, 8 ducks, 3 geese, 5 cats, a dog, 2 kids, a husband and a very obnoxious mother, I find the time. I will admit, I have more of it than most, as I am a stay at home mom. I couldn't imagine not having that time to spend with my birds, honestly. I keep saying I want a job and he says I have one. Chicken Mom.
What a great husband.
hugs.gif

We have one neighbor that complained to our land owner that.... We have too many chickens, too many dogs and our children are too loud. We had 2 adult dogs then and their pup. We sold some layers and ducks, sold the adult dogs. We have not decided which child we are letting go!

Dibs on your youngest daughter since she helps with the chicks!
big_smile.png

Our neighbors acutally love our chickens. Doesn't mind them in her yard and will go out and call them to give them treats. (She will call me and ask if its ok if they have ***) Now when they see her in the back yard with a bag they all go running over there.

I'm still looking for dimesions on a show cage for these guys, here is my smaller cockerel hardly able to turn around, and when he stands straight up, his comb goes through the top:

I have large dog crates that I use for mine when hauling. I have 3 now. I have been watching for them at yard sales. Picked 1 up for $20 and 1 for 10 each. My big wire one I paid $40 for. They are the BIG ones. 2 are the mores all plastic - like for airplanes and one is a wire one like you are showing here, but bigger. I could get dimensions if you would like. But it is the large crates.

eta: Okay, I thought you meant for hauling. Do you have to bring your own cages to show them in? My experience here is that cages are provided...but please by gentle...I am a newbie. I am so new it hurts. I have some beautiful young birds that I hatched out from various breeders this year and I am excited to start showing next year. I won't get far from WA (the state), but still interesting that you have to bring your own show cages.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom