The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

I need to cull down on Orps. I am only gonna keep 2 males and maybe 6-8 females over winter. I have different ages. I took a few pictures yesterday, though not the best.

Kathy good to see you here again. Looks like some really nice Orps your growing ouit there. I was looking at some old photos the other day at UOC and was thinking what a great looking group of black cockerels you had then.

Okay, let's try this again. These are birds I hatched from eggs from REbel Yell. I love them all, of course. but I need "other" eyes to tell me. I think they are beautiful.

Here is hoping it works this time. I so love these birds. BTW: My husband is talking about our Tom turkey that is out.

Last edited:
They're lovely 4cats3kids1hubby2many, they still look like babies. How old are they, 5 months old?

Your cockerel seems to have good color and I really like that Black pullet, she's the bird that caught my eye the most in the video.

Pretty babies Kathy! I love that first picture too, it shows just how sweet these birds are.
love.gif

They're lovely 4cats3kids1hubby2many, they still look like babies. How old are they, 5 months old?

Your cockerel seems to have good color and I really like that Black pullet, she's the bird that caught my eye the most in the video.
Oh, thank you so very much. Yes, they are still babies, in fact I think you nailed it - right around 5 months. I would have to check their hatch date, but I do not believe they are 6 months yet. The cockerel JUST started to crow. I just love them. I thought the black pullet was also a nice looking bird. I think the splash is pretty, but she is kind of small. I have started puting their feed in 2 different kind of feeders. She did not like my bucket feeder and was not being allowed to eat as much - kind of being picked on. I really like the coloring of the blue pullet. Thank you so much for your thoughts/opinion.

Oh, thank you so very much. Yes, they are still babies, in fact I think you nailed it - right around 5 months. I would have to check their hatch date, but I do not believe they are 6 months yet. The cockerel JUST started to crow. I just love them. I thought the black pullet was also a nice looking bird. I think the splash is pretty, but she is kind of small. I have started puting their feed in 2 different kind of feeders. She did not like my bucket feeder and was not being allowed to eat as much - kind of being picked on. I really like the coloring of the blue pullet. Thank you so much for your thoughts/opinion.
They look great !!!! roo.looks to have a great comb on him & that black pullet is going to be relay nice, keep up the good work

Back
Top Bottom