The Incubating has begun...Update *Bad News*

Well I'm getting very nervous :eek: Today is day 20 and I haven't seen anything yet. I'm hoping my first incubating experience isn't going to be a "dry run.''

I guess I'll find out soon enough
barnie.gif

Shane

I'm on Day 20 myself with five of my Blue/Black/Splash Orps. One has hatched a little while ago that was on Day 22-slowpoke! Now, waiting on the rest. They are all spoken for, though; I'm not keeping any of them.

They are often quiet just before the pipping stage, so dont give up hope yet! This is the toughest part.

Last edited:
Thanks Cynthia.

*Peep Peep* !!
jumpy.gif
D.gif

As soon as I made my previous post, I went to look at the eggs again. As I was shining my flashlight in there, I heard a soft "peep peep". Of course I called the family in and then had to "Shush" them, LOL.

I can't see any pips and I have no idea which egg it is. Hopefully this will encourage some others to let themselves be seen & heard!!

yippiechickie.gif

Shane

Well still no pips but something is still peeping. I wonder how long it will take before someone makes a break? I certainly hope more than one makes it.

Shane

Here I am now starting day 21!!

I anxiously went to the incubator at 5am and there was no change
hmm.png

I haven't heard anymore peeps and even my spectacular chicken impression doesn't seem to provoke a peep.

I sure hope everything is OK. I'm afraid none are going to hatch. I'm afraid only one will hatch and she'll be all by herself.

I wish I could see some progress but I guess that's just the nature of hatching sometimes.

Shane

Don't worry so much....this is the day that they are supposed to hatch!! That just means you kept your temps within the proper range. I have NEVER had a chick hatch before day 21...and only a few pips on days 20.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

lau.gif
I'm imagining them hovering in their eggs thinking "OMGOSH, there's a huge chicken out there!!"

That's funny because like you have a pretty good cheep impression (haha) and I'm sure my babies are thinking there's this huge monster chicken outside and it's going to eat them or something, and what's all the bright lights always shining on us?!!" HELP!!

Good luck everyone!!

I'm still here, waiting, waiting, waiting... Nothing, nothing, nothing.

I'm concerned that after so much "peeping" last night, I'm not hearing any peeping today. I can't imagine that being a good thing.

Do the chicks decide to be quiet right before piping?? I would think it would be just the opposite. Is this unusual?

fl.gif

Shane

Turtle...I never hear a LOT of peeping from my bator until the eggs pip. Every now and then I'll hold an egg up to my ear to listen for peeping, scratching, etc. You could perhaps do that tomorrow if you don't have any pips by tomorrow morning. What time of day did you put the eggs in? If it was after noon, you should count the next day as day 1. Wishing you the best hatching...
fl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom