The incubator that "MacGyver" built! Homemade bator!! SUCCESS!!!

Love the side doors for reaching in real quick. Looks fancy with all those switches. Great job and can't wait to see how it works out for you. Is it holding temps well?

The themostat shuts off at 101 degrees and comes back on at 99. The whole top half is solid. The very bottom shelf (where the chicks will hatch) is dropping to 96 when the above shelves temps drop to 99 so he is working on some ideas to get it more even. Maybe a bigger fan or smaller water holder. Those are just two of the ideas so far. Thanks for the great feedback. I love the doors too!

I forgot to mention that I love all the lights and switches too. I just need an operators manual!
idunno.gif

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that I love all the lights and switches too. I just need an operators manual!
idunno.gif

Operators manual?!?!? I think you need a license for an incubator with that many gizmo's on it.
big_smile.png

Actually I am jealous,
droolin.gif
I am getting ready to build one and have no plans for that level of electronics, I think I have switch envy.
bow.gif

Chicks are hatching!! What a relief after all the work. I love the visibility!! Also posting a photo of the outside water dispenser. I had to add about a quart a day just to keep the humidity at 30%. It was so nice to add it outside!

Back
Top Bottom