The inevitable humidity question, day before lockdown, help please!

Sweet..congrats!!

Curious so you have BCM over CCL...or CCL over BCM?
Should be expressed COCK x HEN.

I have some BCM x CCL under a broody, one week in, should be sexlinked(solid x barred)

Oh, meant to comment on humidity....some egg lose more fluid than others, hard to decide what to do with humidity when that happens :barnie

Sweet..congrats!!

Curious so you have BCM over CCL...or CCL over BCM?
Should be expressed COCK x HEN.

I have some BCM x CCL under a broody, one week in, should be sexlinked(solid x barred)

Oh, meant to comment on humidity....some egg lose more fluid than others, hard to decide what to do with humidity when that happens :barnie
My cross is BCM x CCL and sexlinked. I had a sad thing happen today, a very late hatcher, my last egg which had suffered the bashing about by the other hatchlings and then the constant change in humidity with the removal of the dry babies, etc.... hatched out less than ideal with crippled feet and a large contusion on the back of the neck so I had to cull. My hatch had been so ideal up to that point.... :th

Thanks for the clarification...sorry about the loss of the last one.

Pics when you get a chance....cause I have 2 more weeks to wait for mine :D
OK so here are some pics: IMG_8107.JPG IMG_8114.JPG IMG_8117.JPG IMG_8121.JPG The first 2 are of my little roos, the third is one of my pullets, her name is Six, because that was her number on her egg and it just sort of stuck. Interestingly the last photo is of a BCM x Cuckoo Marans and also popped out with a spot on his head. I did not know that the Cuckoo Marans could be sexlinked but they are barred so I am going to assume that this is a little rooster.

I did not know that the Cuckoo Marans could be sexlinked but they are barred so I am going to assume that this is a little rooster.
I believe Cuckoo Marans are barred.
Thanks for the pics.
It's so cool they are sexlinked but a bummer to know you got mostly boys right off the bat...bittersweet!

OK so here are some pics:View attachment 1285082 View attachment 1285083 View attachment 1285087 View attachment 1285090 The first 2 are of my little roos, the third is one of my pullets, her name is Six, because that was her number on her egg and it just sort of stuck. Interestingly the last photo is of a BCM x Cuckoo Marans and also popped out with a spot on his head. I did not know that the Cuckoo Marans could be sexlinked but they are barred so I am going to assume that this is a little rooster.

:clap
Adorable! Now I'm even more anxious for mine in a couple weeks.

And yes, if you crossed the cuckoo hen with BC rooster, it's sexlinked. Any barred female with non-barred male will have the head dot on the males.

Congrats! And sorry about the little lost one.

I believe Cuckoo Marans are barred.
Thanks for the pics.
It's so cool they are sexlinked but a bummer to know you got mostly boys right off the bat...bittersweet!
So I will be interested in your BCM x CCL male female ratio. I actually got 2 pullets and 2 roos I just didn't photograph the other pullet as she would not stand still, surprise, surprise!! Yes kind of a bummer that I got a roo out of the black copper x cuckoo as I was hoping for a super dark egg layer. Never mind, it just means I have to hatch some more :lol:.

So I will be interested in your BCM x CCL male female ratio.

Will save this thread link and post when I know.
2 out of 4 have hatched today, both have white on head :(
Too soon to dig around for the others,
am hoping in morning to get a better look and pics.

Sexlinks are cool, but finding out gender at hatch kind of reduces the joy of hatching.

Back
Top Bottom