The jacked up muddy egg auction, one dozen mix n match

onthespot

Deluxe Dozens
11 Years
Mar 29, 2008
Riverside/Norco, CA
Picture eggs like this, let them get walked all over by several hens that INSIST on using a single nest box, out of a run that had three inches of standing water and muck in it two days ago. We are supposed to get dumped on again starting tuesday. These are my best eggs, from my best birds, color gets lighter when the weather is too hot or rainy or super windy. Seems to irritate them and the eggs get lighter then just darken up nicely a week later. Some are pullet eggs from hens just starting to lay, and are actually being laid light right now, but should darken up over the next few weeks to an acceptable marans color. Anyhow, this is the auction where I get to make excuses about how bad the eggs look, but you get to freak OUT when you get super nice birds hatch from them if all goes well. I accept paypal and instantly refund for any broken eggs in shipping. You may choose from any of my muddy eggs, most of which are Copper Black Marans from wade gene/ron presley, and Bev Davis lines. There are also sometimes a muddy orpington laid by a black orp unknown if she is split to lav, but she is in with two lav roos, so any chicks are at LEAST guaranteed to be split lav. She insists on layign on the floor of the pen and sometimes the penmates bumble it around the dry dirt floor of the coop a bit. Not bad, just enough to hit a fresh poop or two and stain it. Then there are the blue black silkies. They are not ruining their eggs, but you could choose some of those if you wanted. My F2 mille fleurs are up in wire, but some of them get their feet soaked in their waterer and track it into the laying box, don't ask me why. The barred olive eggers are just barely beginning to squeak out a couple eggs here and there, but they get the most "out" time ranging and they do not wipe their feet when I put them back in at the end of the day. Not many of those available, but hey, might be a very small handful you could choose from. Two are sorta trying to start laying. This is NOT a delayed auction. The eggs are muddy now, they ship tomorrow. Thanks for bidding. Good luck. There are probably a total of three or four dozen available by tomorrow at noon when I would shoot for shipping.

lau.gif
gig.gif
This is the BEST auction EVER!! I wish I had some money!!! Hillarious! Crazy chooks...good luck with those eggs! I bet ever single one hatches
wink.png

I have gotten eggs from Patty twice and she bends over backwards to not only pack them well, but she wanted to refund me money for an egg that broke (when she sent extras!). Needless to say, she is very generous and ethical. The packing was stellar (breakage due to post office) and she really cared that I was satisfied with my eggs.

THEN she held my hand through hatching... not once, but TWICE... and she was an incredible source of information, support and humor. She is a grounded lady who really "gets" chickens.

Okay, now let me tell you about the birds:

The BARRED OLIVE EGGERS arrived in eggs that were already a bit greenish (first generation, I guess... that was nice), and of the 7 total eggs, 6 of them hatched out beautiful chicks. I hemmed and hawed and kept only 2. I had people clammoring for them: cheek tuffs, beards and barring~ so darn cute! They're three months old and scrappy little things. I love them! I can't wait to see their dark green eggs!

She also has BLUE PLUMMAGE OLIVE EGGERS... (not sure that Patty mentioned if those eggs available)... these are really, really cool birds. Now if you are a poultry purist (which I am, btw, about cochins), you may not care for any olive eggers because they are a cross. In this particular case, Patty told me that the hens were black copper marans covered by a splash ameracauna roo. These birds are super cool looking - blue with splashes of rust... cheek tufts... beards... and real characters. (My daughter's favorite chicken-of-the-month is our blue olive egger, Gemma.) She sent 12 eggs, 1 broke via the post office and 7 eggs hatched. I kept two and wonder if that was enough! LOL

Did she mention how beautiful her BLACK COPPER MARANS eggs and birds are? When I got my eggs, she had Wade Gene, Ron Presley and Bev Davis lines. GORGEOUS birds! And, wow, she is practically giving those eggs away! Have you seen what these crazy auction prices are for a dozen BCM eggs? She could easily step into that arena and charge through the nose for those eggs - but I may have mentioned that she cares. So no games, just quality birds at extraordinarily fair prices. I wish that I had gotten dozens and dozens because I could have sold the chicks for $20/each (but, um, that wouldn't have been right... LOL). I got 14 BCM eggs and 6 hatched. I believe that hatch may have been poor due to incubator/user error. I kept two chicks (I know, incredible restraint, huh?), and sold the rest to friends.

One last tidbit... I'm blowing the roof off your whole operation with this one, Patty. (hee hee) Ask her about her secret breeding creation: a BLUE BEARDED, NAKED-NECK, OLIVE EGGER! OMG, this bird is so funky... so ugly... she is adorable!!! She is the product of a black naked neck hen covered by a splash ameracauna roo. She's got a beard... and a bare neck. She's blue and fluffy, with rust splashes on the side. I kid you not, everyone sees her... says "Ew!"... takes another look... and decides she is one of the coolest birds ever! I can't wait to see her eggs... Maybe I'll think to post photos. Oh, and I just had to name her "Grace"... ~grin~

My house is for sale right now and I am trying oh-so-hard to keep chickens/incubators/eggs out of my laundry room ('cause some home buyers just don't get how cool chickens are: silly of them!). BUT I have the first few fertilized eggs from my frizzle cochin project... and if I have to fire up the incubator for those... I might just have to get some more of Patty's eggs!!!

WAIT! ... I just "sold" you on her eggs! Now you'll bid against me!! ACK!!! ~LOL~

Thanks, Patty. you are awesome.

You have to bid! it is not a buy it now, highest bidder by whenever I decide I need to head to the Post Office, probably mid dayish PST. Highest bidder can choose one dozen, two dozen (for twice winning bid) or everything for whatever it pencils out to. Any second runners up would get their choice of whatever is left over for the winning bid price and so on.

Last edited:
okay, I got called in to work early today, Eggs are not packed up yet to mail. Availability is extended to noon tomorrow. I picked up an old incubator that needs scrubbing out yesterday so if they don't get bought, they will get 'batored. y'all with no will power have to bid! LOL

you can't bid in PM's you have to type in the thread, I bid $20 on one dozen, or I would like two, or three dozen... or what have you.

Back
Top Bottom