The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

I have two Khakis, but the one in both pictures, Amira, is by far the prettiest of the two. I get 2 or more huge double-yolkers a week out of them! -Alexandra33
So jealous! Both mine are drakes :(

I'm an amateur wildlife photographer, and noticed a duck in the group of Mallards that had gray where all the other males had green, did not have the white "collar" and who was about 10% larger than his counterparts, but the one trait I noticed most of all: his personality. After two days of feeding this group, I had him taking food from my hand. A bit of research indicated he is a Khaki Campbell, so I named him Cameron. He is the friendliest, most loveable, engaging duck imaginable. I walk my dog in the mornings, and when I get near his pond, I whistle for him and he comes running - or flying - in close to my feet, often leading a large contingent of Mallards who will take food when I throw it, but not out of my hand like Cameron does without fail. If he feels I'm paying too much attention to the other birds, he will nip at my sleeve or shoelaces. When I first met him last August, he seemed to allow other ducks to dominate him, but not nearly as much any longer. My question involves breeding: Can Khaki's successfully breed with other ducks, most specifically Mallards?

I'd appreciate if you could let me know whether you think I'm correct in classifying him a KC. In the attached video, please forgive the poor quality (it's hard to feed ducks, hold a dog's leash, and create a video all at once), as well as my silly "duck voice" when I'm calling him.
0.jpg

0.jpg

@Kat--I'm new here and don't know what Cameron is other than adorable!!! I love his coloring and your photo's are gorgeous. I hope you two can remain buddies for a long time to come. I am also curious to know if he is a Khaki or some other cross?? Interesting for sure. :)

@duck dynasty--Your lil girl duckies are super cute together! I was going to name one of my girls Daisy but my boyfriend changed it to Tiny Duck. :)

[/IMG]

Can anyone help me with telling me if this is a male or female? Mabel/Steve is 20 weeks old and I can't tell what he or she is??? Please and thank you!

[/URL]

Can anyone help me with telling me if this is a male or female? Mabel/Steve is 20 weeks old and I can't tell what he or she is??? Please and thank you!

Does it make a loud shrill QUACK!ing noise? or is it a more rhasp sore throat sound? Low rhasp noise is likely male, loud quacking (like you'd expect from a duck) is female. At least that seems to be what mine are doing so far.

Back
Top Bottom