The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Does any one know if there is someone in Northwestern, PA area that has ducklings for sale or a reputable hatchery nearby? I need to get a few more ducks for my drake.

There are individual state threads. You might try the PA thread. Also, Metzers is a quality breeder that ships. Also try the duck thread link I gave you before. Very active thread with people that might have more ideas!

Cuddles with my Khakis ;)

Last edited:
How adorable!  I wish mine were that calm, from day one they were so skittish.

Mine were very shy when I got them and they still get nervous when getting picked up but have settled into a nice routine of getting let out to run around big area and get treats then they get in their bath and play for a bit after that they are tired so I take them out wrap them each in a towel then set them together on my lap under a blanket and I softly rub their heads, necks and beaks with my fingers and talk to them gently. The drake will fall asleep but the duck isn't that calm yet. She will relax and almost sleep but she fights it. Once they are warm and dry I put them back in their tub under the light and they take a nap. This seems to make a huge difference. They know my voice and greet me and today finally ate out of my hand ;)

Mine were very shy when I got them and they still get nervous when getting picked up but have settled into a nice routine of getting let out to run around big area and get treats then they get in their bath and play for a bit after that they are tired so I take them out wrap them each in a towel then set them together on my lap under a blanket and I softly rub their heads, necks and beaks with my fingers and talk to them gently. The drake will fall asleep but the duck isn't that calm yet. She will relax and almost sleep but she fights it. Once they are warm and dry I put them back in their tub under the light and they take a nap. This seems to make a huge difference. They know my voice and greet me and today finally ate out of my hand
wink.png
mine are 3 1/2 months old and i give them a half a cup of food and it is cone within 2 minuets
th.gif

Can someone tell me what is in the fines that I find at the bottom of the water bowl? I assume it is just wash feed but not sure if more to it than that. Is there a way to feed this back to the ducks or give to chickens, etc.?

Can someone tell me what is in the fines that I find at the bottom of the water bowl?  I assume it is just wash feed but not sure if more to it than that.  Is there a way to feed this back to the ducks or give to chickens, etc.? 

It's everything that went into their mouths. Food, dirt, poop.... Use it for fertilizer. I wouldn't feed it back, you risk ill ducks. Bacteria flourishes in it, the beginning stages of algae growth....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom