The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

My ducks act like they are drowning if they get into water..............im jealous of all your pictures of swimming ducks!

When I first got them, I put a bowl and filled it with decorative rocks so they could stick their bills into it to blow bubbles and clean themselves. They would climb all over the bowl. After a week, we put them in the bathtub with an inch of water and we just made it deeper the older they got. We always leave it so on the shallow end of the tub, they can stand. They love to race laps around the tub. They'll dive under water and launch themselves forward LOL.

3weeks old now

Very nice duckies ;). I have two about a week older. They are soooo much fun!!!!

The brown one was sold to me as a female crested buff... She has a pure pink bill, pinkish brown feet with a little yellow on her feet. Her body is brown except for her chest which is yellowish white. Does anyone know what she is??? Her name is Harmony. Don't mind her magpie call duck friend MoonMoon. The to are inseparable.

Will my duck sit on her eggs if a) they are not fertilised or b) rotten/not viable?

We have just lost a nest full of eggs, almost all of which were bad eggs, but one of them was not, one in 9....

Moving forward, once she begins laying again, how can I be sure we aren't eating viable eggs - she is free ranged with a drake 24/7

Will my duck sit on her eggs if a) they are not fertilised or b) rotten/not viable?

We have just lost a nest full of eggs, almost all of which were bad eggs, but one of them was not, one in 9....

Moving forward, once she begins laying again, how can I be sure we aren't eating viable eggs - she is free ranged with a drake 24/7

All my ducks are free ranged with drakes, if you get the day after she lays them, or she's not sitting on them, they are fine to eat.

These are our 6 babies, taken about a month ago at 8 weeks. They just moved outside and I may be a little sad about it! They're completely in love though!

Back
Top Bottom