The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

I wonder if they meant meyer hatchery because metzer doesnt sell those breeds of chickens....
they only sell two types of meat chickens.

Well when we were talking about the ducks he said metzer but we didn't really ask where the chicks came from. Maybe I don't know.

Thanks everyone

Oh i see! The ducks prob were then. Are the rest of your ducklings still doing well?

Yup! Just working on trying to earn their trust
1f609.png
. [edited in]- from the picture, do any look like drakes? There supposed to be all female, but I'm just curious. I'm not sure if you can tell their drakes yet because their so young.

Last edited:
Yup! Just working on trying to earn their trust
1f609.png
. [edited in]- from the picture, do any look like drakes? There supposed to be all female, but I'm just curious. I'm not sure if you can tell their drakes yet because their so young.

Aww how sweet are they!!!
1f495.png
I cant tell. Mine are 3 1/2 weeks and one is starting the girl sound. But still unsure on two!

Aww how sweet are they!!!
1f495.png
I cant tell. Mine are 3 1/2 weeks and one is starting the girl sound. But still unsure on two!
they are adorable
1f495.png
What is exactly does the female sound like compared to a drake? (Is it softer? Rougher? Etc.) and also,
how can I get them to trust me? They are extremely afraid of my hand reaching in the bucket (my new chicks don't mind my hand though) I think their past the imprinting stage lol

Last edited:
they are adorable
1f495.png
What is exactly does the female sound like compared to a drake? (Is it softer? Rougher? Etc.) and also,
how can I get them to trust me? They are extremely afraid of my hand reaching in the bucket (my new chicks don't mind my hand though) I think their past the imprinting stage lol

The best word i can use to describe the girls is they start to sound kind of honky.... its a deeper noise. Boys contiue peeping the baby sounds longer.
My khakis will be 4 weeks monday and my runners will he 3 weeks monday. All the sexed female runners are making the nose sometimes already. They still make baby noises too.
And only one of my khakis campbells are making it. The other two khakis are for the most part quiet or only make the baby peeping noises.
They started making the noises around 2 weeks.
When i had pekins they didnt start till 4 ish weeks.
When i had all boys i couldnt figure it out either. Once i had some girls ducklings in the mix the noise was very obvious.
My first boys were noisy... buts its not the same as a girl. The boys were chatty.. and finally around 6-7 weeks sounded like raspy quacking.

For taming... it took mine a good few days to start to settle down. First off tho i work from home, so they were in the same room i work in. I talked to them alot. Especially when refilling their food and water.
And every evejing i took them for a swim for about 15 min and then sat next to their brooder with my hand in there on the ground not moving it. They would get curious and come nibble. I woul do this for about an hour every day.
At 2 weeks i moved them to the outdoor coop to finish brooding them. And i still go sit with them every day.
Around a few days old i start feeding dried meal worms as treats. I crush them up and put them in a little water bowl. I have never met a duck that didnt love them. After a couple days i start offering the worms in my hands when they are swimming or inside the brooder. Once they know what the worms are they would do anything to get them so they take them from my hand freely.
My ducklings at this point come running to the door when i open up the coop. They all eat fron my hands. I sit on the floor next to thier heat lamp and they all come sit on me or next to me. I always move kinda slow but mostly normal. Never fast tho, that would give them a heart attack.
And i can pick them up or pet them all over and they dont get scared at all. This has been a good time of year for me to raise them because i have had time evert single evening to do this i wanted to be sure they were very tame and not skittish.
Hope something in there helps you with taming yours .
Mostly time, talk to them alot, lots of treats. And go slow:)
And peas , i start with peas when they were about 2 weeks. They are crazy about them!!

Last edited:
The best word i can use to describe the girls is they start to sound kind of honky.... its a deeper noise. Boys contiue peeping the baby sounds longer.
My khakis will be 4 weeks monday and my runners will he 3 weeks monday. All the sexed female runners are making the nose sometimes already. They still make baby noises too.
And only one of my khakis campbells are making it. The other two khakis are for the most part quiet or only make the baby peeping noises.
They started making the noises around 2 weeks.
When i had pekins they didnt start till 4 ish weeks.
When i had all boys i couldnt figure it out either. Once i had some girls ducklings in the mix the noise was very obvious.
My first boys were noisy... buts its not the same as a girl. The boys were chatty.. and finally around 6-7 weeks sounded like raspy quacking.

For taming... it took mine a good few days to start to settle down. First off tho i work from home, so they were in the same room i work in. I talked to them alot. Especially when refilling their food and water.
And every evejing i took them for a swim for about 15 min and then sat next to their brooder with my hand in there on the ground not moving it. They would get curious and come nibble. I woul do this for about an hour every day.
At 2 weeks i moved them to the outdoor coop to finish brooding them. And i still go sit with them every day.
Around a few days old i start feeding dried meal worms as treats. I crush them up and put them in a little water bowl. I have never met a duck that didnt love them. After a couple days i start offering the worms in my hands when they are swimming or inside the brooder. Once they know what the worms are they would do anything to get them so they take them from my hand freely.
My ducklings at this point come running to the door when i open up the coop. They all eat fron my hands. I sit on the floor next to thier heat lamp and they all come sit on me or next to me. I always move kinda slow but mostly normal. Never fast tho, that would give them a heart attack.
And i can pick them up or pet them all over and they dont get scared at all. This has been a good time of year for me to raise them because i have had time evert single evening to do this i wanted to be sure they were very tame and not skittish.
Hope something in there helps you with taming yours .
Mostly time, talk to them alot, lots of treats. And go slow:)
And peas , i start with peas when they were about 2 weeks. They are crazy about them!!
Ok thank you!! I have been resting my hand in their bucket I've got one who will sleep on it (Marge lol)

Back
Top Bottom