The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Pics
I dont know if they'd eat the fish but they LOVE water. They swim and dive and get all sorts of excited when they're in a pond or pool.

Mine would live in the pond if they could. I have to watch for them to come out into their pen to eat and run out and shut the gate. If i miss them, they will stay out all night in the water. We stock our pond with blue gill, catfish, bass and minnows and i have never seen them eat them. However, once in awhile they will catch a frog and fight over who gets to eat it.
smile.png

Mine would live in the pond if they could. I have to watch for them to come out into their pen to eat and run out and shut the gate. If i miss them, they will stay out all night in the water. We stock our pond with blue gill, catfish, bass and minnows and i have never seen them eat them. However, once in awhile they will catch a frog and fight over who gets to eat it.
smile.png

Any suggestions on how to transition ducks from a backyard to a pond? We have other ducks that won't stay at our pond. Our KC's are just a week old so it will be quite some time before they see the pond, but I'm wanting them all to live at our pond instead of our back yard. The pond is about 200 feet from our back yard.

Any suggestions on how to transition ducks from a backyard to a pond? We have other ducks that won't stay at our pond. Our KC's are just a week old so it will be quite some time before they see the pond, but I'm wanting them all to live at our pond instead of our back yard. The pond is about 200 feet from our back yard.
Not sure on transitioning. Mine just ran for it as soon as they seen it.
lau.gif
I have khaki campbell's and muscovies, so their the only ones i know and both prefer water over the pen.

Not sure on transitioning. Mine just ran for it as soon as they seen it.
lau.gif
I have khaki campbell's and muscovies, so their the only ones i know and both prefer water over the pen.

O how funny. Our Pekins, Rouen and Sweds act like they don't even see our pond. I pretty much have to force them in
sad.png

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
So I have chickens, but let me say all are right ducks are messy, require lots of food, water and cleaning the coop almost every day! I started off with one 2 week old Rouen and she has been a joy living in the house in a large cage, she was a duck we stumbled upon on a job site brought her home and fell in love, she is now beautiful 5 months old! Recently we got a friend for her a little nerves 2 month old Campbell, OMG this duckling is nerves, we call her nervous Nellie! And she is now about 3 months old and huge bigger then my 5 month old Rouen. Are these duck typically a large breed?

Hello! I recently acquired a few adult Khakis and have some questions.

I picked up 4 Khakis from a local girl and integrated them into my existing mixed duck flock. The Khaki drake (only stud in the bunch) seems to be mating the non-Khaki females more than the girls he came with. I had four other females to start with and they're now missing a lot of head feathers. Is it normal for Khaki drakes to be so…..active? Is he just excited to have more ladies?

I had a Pekin drake and a Muscovy drake before but I didn't notice so many missing feathers.

Back
Top Bottom