The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Taylor, Feb 28, 2010.

1. September

September Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2013
    My Khakis didn't get very big, but they were all girls. The should be around 4-5 pounds when they're all grown up, so not very big at all. I never weighed mine, but I doubt they're more than 4 pounds. You're Rouen duck should get bigger than the Khaki, but I've never had a Rouen, so maybe they mature slower than Khaki's?
  2. BattleFires

BattleFires Out Of The Brooder

Mar 7, 2014
    Norvell, MI, USA
    Hi again!
    I was doing some more looking at my girls last night and ALL of them have a bald spot. My Muscovies are starting to look like monks. This cannot possibly be normal behavior.
  3. Duckcommander12

Duckcommander12 New Egg

Apr 8, 2014
    Horseheads New York
    Hello all

Me an my girlfriend got 6 khakis bout a month ago n I love them she thinks I'm goofy but they are so cool I haven't took pics in awhile but will share the ones I do have....

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  4. laughingdog

laughingdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    Newport Tennessee
    What the heck.. my KCs hit the four week mark and went from perfectly clean and content ducklings, to gangly water tossing and soaking themselves monsters. they cannot seem to keep feathers clean or dry for more than a day, and a gallon of water lasts hours maybe. do you all think i should keep supplementing niacin in water (i have to ground to fine powder from granuale capsule, and then mix into jugs)? they had deficiency issues from some flock raiser feed (purina rep is looking into problem and supposed to get back to me with findings).
  5. Nickeechickee

Nickeechickee Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2012
    Welcome to raising ducks?

The thing I've found to work best is to get a container and cut a hole big enough for them to poke their head in and out but not so big that they can get in and splash around.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Carcajou

Carcajou Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2012
    Delhi, New York
  7. Carcajou

Carcajou Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2012
    Delhi, New York
    Flockrasier has the appropriate amount of niacin in it and can be fed to ducks their entire life so I am wondering if something else is going on. Are you using non-flush niacin? If so I recommend switching to nutritional yeast. Also, your ground granules may be sinking to the bottom and not being consumed. You might also try Nutri-Drench for a few days - it has vitamins (including niacin) and electrolytes and has a dropper tube you can put in the duck's mouth to make sure it is getting the stuff.
  8. lucky5101

lucky5101 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2012
    I agree with this idea. I've started using a gallon milk jug, and this has worked the best so far. I have 2 holes cut in it, and I put some pebbles in the bottom to help weigh it down. I was using a large margarine container with holes in it, but they could easily tip that over.
  9. KBgirls

KBgirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2013
    Taunton MA
    My Campbell 3 months [​IMG]
    My Rouen 6 months old
  10. ChickenPox

ChickenPox Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Middle GA
    So my babies I got from TSC are about 6 weeks old and HUGE! I can't believe they are as big as they are! They all look exactly the same to me too right now, I can't tell a difference in male and female. Some quack, and some make raspy noises, but I can't quite tell who is making what noise, or even if they consistently make the same noise! LOL! They still "baby cheep" too. But they are huge. Look like full grown ducks almost. Boss my chickens around. LOL! AM hoping I got a pair of pekins and at least one male KC. Time will tell!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by