The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Taylor, Feb 28, 2010.

1. laughingdog

laughingdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    Newport Tennessee
    My KCs have healed pretty well and a lot sooner since I've had them outside in a large pen. theyare very skittish though and contemplating just letting out to roam property with my beloved scovy who are trained friendly and come when called going right into coop at night. any chance my KCs may do the same along with my scovy or they'll just run off. the KCs are afraid of getting more than heads wet and scream and fight when they get baths.. I'm beginning to think early problems caused retardation as well as leg and body deformation they showed initially. any advice and experience to share??? are all mallard derived or non scovy ducks like this?

2. Cassie Collins

Cassie Collins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2014
    Texas
    V
    Very pretty ducks!

3. Cassie Collins

Apr 12, 2014
    Texas
    I have 3 ducks. My Magpie is the most affectionate! My Pekin is next. They r all almost 7 wks old & I think they r all female. Not a 100% sure on the Magpie. Anyways my KC is skittish, but once I catch her she likes 2 snuggle :). As long as she can tuck her head between my arm & body, I can pet her for a long time :). Funny thing is she is also the bravest & the 1st 2 try new things; toys, ramps, snacks.

4. Crumcakes

Crumcakes Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2014
    Kentucky
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I sure do love these nervous nellys so far. The Pekin baby isn't near as shy as the kc's they are so beautiful.

5. sheeshshe

sheeshshe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Mine aren't too shy. I mean, they'll run from me if I'm trying to catch them, but once I get them, they relax and let me pet them.

6. Crumcakes

Crumcakes Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2014
    Kentucky
    I am very excited to see them develop. We have had Pekins one for 5 yrs. We live on a creek so they free range. I had a muscovy from a neighbor claim us. We loved him. I stumbled upon these khaki Campbell's as they are so different from what I had ever had. We have 3. One is more loving than the others. It is paired off with the baby Pekin. The other two are friends. Been giving them some treats out if hand like spinach and tomatoes to keep them friendly. ;)

7. Duckcommander12

Duckcommander12 New Egg

Apr 8, 2014
    Horseheads New York
    hey everyone im in desperate need of atleast two more females an i have looked at the buy sell trade tread an i have no idea where i can get a couple more can anyone help me out???

8. laughingdog

laughingdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    Newport Tennessee
    I have two female and two male and two could go either way. I'm in east TN.

9. lbrykowski2011

lbrykowski2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2013
    Capac, Mi
    When I gave my khaki's spinach, I started having all kinds of trouble with their egg shells being brittle or non-existent. They do love the iceberg and romaine and the egg shells are fine now. Just a head's up for when they start laying. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Cassie Collins

Apr 12, 2014
    Texas
    H
    How about Kale? Do u know??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by