The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

@frenchchick1 I know! Mine are almost 5 months now and I can't help but want more. Such a joy to have. :)

Mine are 9 weeks old and gorgeous. They change so fast and I am loving them. Trying to resist new ones, but it is hard. At least it has helped that the farmers market I got them from haven't had any Khaki ducklings since I got mine, otherwise that would be more difficult!!

I'm still in limbo if I have 2 girls or a girl and a boy, but I'm sure it will become clear soon :love

I have a boy and girl
celebrate.gif
Hoping for some little ones again. What do you keep yours in for shelter?

I have a boy and girl :celebrate Hoping for some little ones again. What do you keep yours in for shelter?

Just basic really, I had a crate which I put a partition into for a future egg laying area and I got my hubby to attach some corrugated perspex roofing on the lid which is detachable and then a dog crate (which I used originally for them when they were little in the house), I have covered with thick plastic sheeting and that is their porch area.

This is all set in a gravel are about 15feet by 10 feet which I have fenced in. They have a paddling pool which is sitting in a soakaway. The soakaway has been set in the garden for years (it is an old french farmhouse) so is brilliant for just emptying the pool into when cleaning it out. The water just disappears away through an underground system and goes off down the land. It has been very handy!

How about you?

Wow that sounds nice. For the time I bought a small coop at tractor supply, but I'm looking into attaching a run area. They run around my fenced in yard a lot of the time under my watch and swim in a small baby pool. I'm looking for a cheap way to expand there area. They still seemed to enjoy their little area. My ducks seem to love it when it rains, but they also then make a big mess! The hard work is worth it though. :)

Wow that sounds nice. For the time I bought a small coop at tractor supply, but I'm looking into attaching a run area. They run around my fenced in yard a lot of the time under my watch and swim in a small baby pool. I'm looking for a cheap way to expand there area. They still seemed to enjoy their little area. My ducks seem to love it when it rains, but they also then make a big mess! The hard work is worth it though. :)

Yes, mine love the rain too. We had a huge storm last week and the rain was lashing down. My ducks seemed like they were pushing their faces into it like it was a ray of sunshine, it was really funny to watch.

Yes I agree, the hard work is worth it!

I was worried if one of mine is a boy, will one girl be enough for him? Anyway still looking like two girls at the moment, just one with a slighly olive coloured beak which is making me wonder:fl

I've found that the plastic netting/fencing "garden fencing" works to keep my in the pen I made for them out of that. One duck can fly over it, but the rest don't seem too. I'm sure you can get different heights. Mine's about 3.5 feet. The stuff's cheap. I got it on sale at Home Depot for $7 a roll (25 ft roll I think). Then I bought long stakes (also home depot) and just staple gunned the fencing to the stakes.

Back
Top Bottom