The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Wow really? I gave away a few with the chicken eggs people were buying, everyone went nuts over them, now they accept the chicken eggs but keep VERY close track of their turn for the duck eggs. I am getting $8 per dozenfor the duck eggs.
That is wonderful. I am not even able to sell all my chicken eggs (only 2 buck per doz) as we are located so far from the closest town and folks just don't want to drive out to get them. I donate my surplus eggs to a local food pantry/kitchen every couple of weeks. Usually somewhere around 20 doz each time. I guess I do all this because I really like my birds.

Hear are my 3

Campbells, WH, and golden and white layers (hybrid) are the best layers, with the golden and white layer (metzer farms) producing the most eggs.

I had some bad luck on Saturday the neighbors dog got loose an killed three of are ducks two males an a female but well checking the rest of are property for anymore dead ducks I found the females nest an low an behold we found 15 duckling in her nest so now we have 15 more to raise an my other khaki is sitting on a nest of ten..... I think that my ducklings are a cross between my khaki male an a female mallard cause that's whose nest they were in any idea Wat they will look like

I am guessing a Campbell and Swedish cross. The hens look like campbells but the drakes look a lot like Swedes with the white bib. Just a guess though. Plus they are suppose to be calmer than campbells. Metzer ranks swedes as being a calm ducks with campbells being of nervous disposition.

How many different phases or stages of feather development are there with KCs? My crew was hatched 6-9-14 and they are mostly the same brown color with only a couple having slightly darker heads (the two biggest ducks)... wondering when the boys (if we have any) would start sporting their big boy feathers. No curly tail feathers in evidence yet. I can't tell if we have quackers or raspy talkers as they all freak out when I come into their pen (working on that).

Back
Top Bottom