The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Peeking out!

I think I have a Khaki Campbell, but she has a light stripe on her neck. Maybe not a pure bred? This is Duck at 2ish weeks. She is now 3 1/2 week old and starting to get her pretty feathers. I will update with new pictures later. From this picture, what do y'all think? KC or no? TIA!

I think I have a Khaki Campbell, but she has a light stripe on her neck. Maybe not a pure bred? This is Duck at 2ish weeks. She is now 3 1/2 week old and starting to get her pretty feathers. I will update with new pictures later. From this picture, what do y'all think? KC or no? TIA!
She's pretty... That's white is called a bib and it is an inherented trait in about 25/30% of campbells.. Drakes and hens have them So yes she is pure breed

I apologize if this is not where this goes but I have an emergency. My duck had started limping about a week ago and I figured maybe he just slept wrong on it or something. It has continued to his week so checked it out and his left leg is swollen with an obvious temp difference. Nothing is cutting off circulation where I can tell and he's limping pretty bad. Its not bimblefoot I checked that too. Any ideas on what it could be?

I apologize if this is not where this goes but I have an emergency. My duck had started limping about a week ago and I figured maybe he just slept wrong on it or something. It has continued to his week so checked it out and his left leg is swollen with an obvious temp difference. Nothing is cutting off circulation where I can tell and he's limping pretty bad. Its not bimblefoot I checked that too. Any ideas on what it could be?
Sounds like possibly an infection or serious injury.

If you can get him to a good duck vet, that's best.

In any case, an Epsom salt compress, or standing him in a shallow, stable bucket of Epsom salt water for several minutes at a time may help. Do not let him drink it, it's a laxative.

You might let him swim in lukewarm water, no soap, and then - maybe get help holding him - get a really close look at the foot, top and bottom, and the leg all the way up. Look at the skin but also notice if the joint seems swollen or anything seems out of place compared to the other leg.

There could be a fracture, sometimes ducks get infections in their joints.

If it is an injury, then something like T-Relief ointment may help, or comfrey salve.

If it is an infection, then an antibiotic is needed.

Thank you so much! I will double check him over when I get back home. I dont have a duck or small animal vet in the area that will take him. The small animal vet in town takes dogs and cats only and the travel vet only does big animals like cows and equine so im kind of stuck as to what to do here. Closest thing I have to a duck expert is Tractor Supply lol. Hence why im a member on BYC. Im definitely not going to let him suffer.

Back
Top Bottom