1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

The Kitchen Table - come sit with us! new request added to post 1!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by OrpingtonManor, Mar 8, 2010.

1. OrpingtonManor

OrpingtonManor Building the Castle

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
    Quote:that's just wrong. [​IMG]

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    my favorite game was and is Yahtzee. How are all of you doing?

Micah

3. OrpingtonManor

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
    Hi Micah! [​IMG] I'm falling asleep at the computer. My new young neighbors had a bit of a party last night -- all night. [​IMG] I got four hours of sleep before having to get up to go to work. Now, I'm trying to stay awake long enough that I won't wake up at 3am. [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:that's just wrong. [​IMG]

I was a tomboy. I also loved Yahtzee, still do!

5. OrpingtonManor

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
    I'd play Yahtzee with my Grandma every time we went there to visit. She was a Yahtzee wizard!

6. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    We have been having an intense Yahtzee tourny all weekend with the kids... they are kicking my tooshie

7. OrpingtonManor

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
    Hi jeauca! [​IMG] Glad you are still having fun with the kiddos.

8. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:I would assume that if you lived close enough to be kept up by the neighbor's noise, then you must live in a town big enough to have police to handle that kind of stuff. I know I would have been calling every five minutes if they refused to do something about it. If I don't sleep, nobody sleeps.
    I got a stero to make sure it happens too. When I worked overnight shift - I played hardball.

9. OrpingtonManor

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
    Quote:I would assume that if you lived close enough to be kept up by the neighbor's noise, then you must live in a town big enough to have police to handle that kind of stuff. I know I would have been calling every five minutes if they refused to do something about it. If I don't sleep, nobody sleeps.
    I got a stero to make sure it happens too. When I worked overnight shift - I played hardball.

These are brand new neighbors this month. They had a party when they moved in. That time, I went out and talked with them. They apologized, but didn't quiet down. Someone else in the neighborhood called the police. In between parties, they are very quiet. Now, they have another party, same night of the week (Monday), same painful hours. DSO went out to talk with them. They apologized to him, but he said they were totally wasted, and then some of them got in car and drove away. They did get quiet, but yikes! They were risking some lives. Yes, if it happens again, I will call the police. But, I will also let them know that I'm planning to do that. Hopefully, I won't have to make the call.

10. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    ugh...I used to have those kind of neighbors. couldn't pass a bed without falling in it. loud music and basketball dribbling all night long. We shared an apartment wall. I could have pinched all their heads off. hated to but had to call the law............neighbors just turned it up when they left........... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Micah

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by