The Kitchen Table - come sit with us! new request added to post 1!

Quote:
Exactly why I have an oversized stereo. If the cops don't fix it - I fight fire with fire. What I really need is one of those all-bass CDs and a second woofer....MWHAHAHAHAHA.

Just kidding. The new neighbors have been a LOT more considerate.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Exactly why I have an oversized stereo. If the cops don't fix it - I fight fire with fire. What I really need is one of those all-bass CDs and a second woofer....MWHAHAHAHAHA.

Just kidding. The new neighbors have been a LOT more considerate.
thumbsup.gif

this is such a great, quiet neighborhood. I would hate to do that to all the other neighbors. I'm sure we will solve it without declaring war.

oops, I just saw you were kidding!
hide.gif
sorry! I'm very tired! I think it's bedtime....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:
Favorite inside game: Perfection or Operation or Twister
Favorite outside game: Anything the boys were playing...
tongue.png
I was a tom boy too. But mainly we played touch football, tag or whiffle ball or catch lizards or built forts.

Orp, I'd hate to have neighbors like that.
sad.png
(actually i DID have neighbors like that at one time,when i lived in an apt... ooh i wanted to hurt that lady bad... she used to bring home male *cough* "guests" after the bar closed..
hmm.png
and have fun ALL night long... RIGHT above my head...
th.gif
...)
I hope they calm down a bit.... And i agree..call the police next time.. they need to learn.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Quote:
We lived at the bottom of a steep hill and used to make go-carts. How in the world I ever survived that period in time is simply God's grace. We had those things going faster than the cars.

Quote:
We lived at the bottom of a steep hill and used to make go-carts. How in the world I ever survived that period in time is simply God's grace. We had those things going faster than the cars.

Ha! We STILL do that now..my house is at the top of a hill..on a dead end road..(we're the last house on the road)..and we have this little cart thing (its actually a called a wiggle racer..lol) that (when we get frisky) we ride down the hill...all the neighbors come out and wanna play too...
tongue.png
I'm too fat to fit in the wiggle racer now though...
gig.gif

Quote:

Ha! We STILL do that now..my house is at the top of a hill..on a dead end road..(we're the last house on the road)..and we have this little cart thing (its actually a called a wiggle racer..lol) that (when we get frisky) we ride down the hill...all the neighbors come out and wanna play too...
tongue.png
gig.gif

Now that I am fat, it's all about the quads.
big_smile.png

We played a lot of baseball, coz the neighbor boy played on a team so he refined my sister and I on the rules of the game so I guess that was one of my favorite games. We went on to play it with new neighbors after the one boy left so it must have been a hit.

My sister and I played a lot of made-up type stuff, not real games with rules. We made mud pies, and "cooked" with those cool pollen balls that fall off the trees, and built little forts and played with miniature plastic horses and some 101 Dalmation dog toys. We made up plays and wrote stories and stuff like that. I remember that kind of stuff the most, but none of the neigborhood kids could ever seem to learn how to play! They lacked immagination I guess. We played hide and seek a lot with them though. And this "game" called "jail" which was goofy as all get-out where one kid would be the jailer and keep the rest of us in the garage, and the jailbirds would occupy themselves by playing "beer can hockey" except, it was a coke can, coz nobody in either family drank beer. The idea was that us "inmates" were sneaking the beer into the jail...that's where the "beer can" came from. Toldja we had vivid immaginations and lots of creativity!!
Inside we played Barbies and stuff, but super-creative with them too. We played model and took pictures of each other with disposable cameras and an old disc-film camera. Then we learned about sending the film out to develop and patience, waiting for it to come back!
lol.png
We played a few traditional games too. We had Old Maid a long time ago. I barely remember it, but I do remember that my mom, dad and sister all played together. Mom didn't play many games with us so I remember it.
I begged my dad to teach me chess when I was about 8, so my sister and I played chess and checkers a lot. I remember my dad took us to Wal-Mart special trip, to get a chess set to learn on. It was a double-duty one that has checkers and chess together. We still have the game set, although the board is duct-taped together at the fold and we use a red checker to represent a white pawn. Good times, good times! We got a deck of Skip-Bo, oh when I was 10?? Don't even know if I was that old. My mom bought the cards but she never played much, so dad taught us that too. When dad wasn't around to play, my sister and I would have a stuffed animal "play" with us. I guess you could say that we got skilled at team playing and "cheating" because we always knew what two of the hands in the game where! My sister and I also read a lot of books - which was something else that none of our friends did much.
I guess we were so different because we had an ancient TV with actual knobs to turn (no remote) and only a handful of channels, no video game systems or other forms of entertainment. All of our neighbors had video games that they played a lot.

My favorite outside game was probably baseball, I was good at it (but never played on a team)
My favorite inside game was probably Skip-Bo, I still like to play it

Last edited:
Quote:
tongue.png
gig.gif

big_smile.png

LOL..yup...we need one SO bad..
although they have these nice dune buggies at TSC that we have been eye balling....
tongue.png

Quote:
big_smile.png

LOL..yup...we need one SO bad..
although they have these nice dune buggies at TSC that we have been eye balling....
tongue.png

The good part about being out in the boonies is that all our neighbors have quads - they ride, we look at them with sadness and next thing ya know we are riding too!!!!

Back
Top Bottom