The Ko Shamo Thread

Here's a Ko Shamo roo that took best in breed and best game bird at the Italian national poultry championship in December. It scored E97 (E for exceptional), tying the score of the overall best in show winner, a white crested bantam Polish hen (a breed that has much higher crowd appeal). I believe only one other bird, a bearded white Silkie, scored that high.

Coloring is "Dorata Frumento" which translates as Golden Wheat.

1-ko shamo dorata frumento e97cdr best game.jpg

Here's a link to my thread with dozens of photos from that show.
2018 Italian National Poultry Championship

Here's a Ko Shamo roo that took best in breed and best game bird at the Italian national poultry championship in December. It scored E97 (E for exceptional), tying the score of the overall best in show winner, a white crested bantam Polish hen (a breed that has much higher crowd appeal). I believe only one other bird, a bearded white Silkie, scored that high.

Coloring is "Dorata Frumento" which translates as Golden Wheat.

View attachment 1647072

Here's a link to my thread with dozens of photos from that show.
2018 Italian National Poultry Championship

Thanks for the picture, it's interesting to see! Do you know if the Standard there also calls for their proportions to be in thirds?

Thanks for the picture, it's interesting to see! Do you know if the Standard there also calls for their proportions to be in thirds?
Yes:
"Il corpo è divisibile in tre parti: un terzo testa e collo, un terzo tronco e un terzo zampe"
(the body is divided in three parts: one-third head and neck, one-third trunk, and on-third legs")

Here are the standards:
http://www.agraria.org/polli/kogunkei.htm

Back
Top Bottom