The Ko Shamo Thread

8B171DE3-35AE-4C73-B926-0E81DA4DC848.jpeg

Just in time I needed. I found these 2 girl from a breeder getting rid of her mutt. One is a cross between oegb and the other is between a serama. She seem smaller in size of them two.

I have had o shamo and find their personalities so awesome. These guys are too cute. Are they as game as the o shamo?

I've never owned o shamos, so I can't compare the two, unfortunately. I can tell you though that the kos are very tame and friendly with humans :) I'm not sure if 'game' was a typo of 'tame' or not.

I would love to get a pair eventually for my son to show. He is a 3rd generation chicken enthusiast! Those of you who have ko's, did you purchase through a breeder or hatchery?

I would love to get a pair eventually for my son to show. He is a 3rd generation chicken enthusiast! Those of you who have ko's, did you purchase through a breeder or hatchery?

Breeder, always :) You won't find kos in a hatchery. Plus, if you want show birds, a breeder is always the way to go.

I'm hatching out now and will have growouts for sale in the late summer and early Fall if you were interested!

I let a hen hatch some eggs. All three hatched, but one chick died shortly after, not sure why. The other two are doing well though. The hen is an extremely protective mother. She's acting like a little velociraptor, haha. The cock that is paired with her is also doing very well with the babies.

Really proud of this four month old. I know there are much better birds out there but I've come a long way from my humble beginnings. Was really hoping for a crele but it looks like he'll be a dirty barred.
20201103_165936.jpg

Look who arrived this morning:

splash wheaten cock 1.jpg

splash wheaten cock crowing.jpg

A 2021 splash wheaten cock. I also bought a pretty 2022 wheaten pullet along with him because I don't like to have birds ship alone. He's got a nice 2021 hen here waiting for them to pass quarantine, and then he should start making me some blue wheaten chicks with her, if all goes well!

Back
Top Bottom