The Legbar Thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jeremy, Mar 2, 2011.

1. redchicken9

redchicken9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2012
    Northern California
    It's very quiet on this site. I don't know if I dropped a pebble into a lake and there is a ripple effect. I almost posted after the announcement, just to say my hands were shaking. It seemed "big". I went back through the last few days of posts on moving forward with cream legbars (Stoneunhenged, ChicKat, Phage, Dahlisgrams, Normanack, GaryDean26, Blackbirds13, Lonnyandrinda, and Omaeve). I hope everyone is OK that I stepped up the conversation. I would have liked to quote and appreciate everyone on this, but the multi-quote seemed to pass out. I think there's ideas and support. I'd appreciate if they continue. Blackbirds13 in particular, you've already written a lot. There's room here for others. I hope the pebble dropped isn't an unheard plunk!

On fun news, in my incubator, I am hatching my first eggs! Really my first eggs, ever! :)

2. redchicken9

redchicken9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2012
    Northern California
  3. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    You are welcome. These are one of my favorite breeds and it's exciting to me to see the beginning of them becoming a popular, accepted breed in the US! I don't have much extra time with 5 children, but I definitely will be cheering you all on! [​IMG]

4. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Hooray! more little legbars soon to hatch into the world. Yea!

5. GaryDean26

GaryDean26 Chicken Czar

Dec 22, 2011
    McAlester, OK
    My Coop
    Exciting! I did my first hatch when I was 7 years old. Then, after 4 years of hatching eggs every spring only to have to give them away at 4-8 week old, for my 12th birthday I got a chicken coop complete with 4 Bantam OEG pullets and a retired breeding OEG Cock. Just what every 12 year old boys asks for his birthday I'm sure. Today is my birthday and I got the ZooEasy Poultry Software. Last year I got a ReptiPro5000 Incubator for my birthday. That is all normal right?

1 person likes this.
  6. lonnyandrinda

lonnyandrinda Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2012
    Coweta, OK
    [​IMG] Love it GaryDean!

Rinda

7. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    I got a new washer and dryer for my birthday [​IMG]

It was exactly what I wanted though . That is all normal too right?

8. omaeve

omaeve Chillin' With My Peeps

9. omaeve

omaeve Chillin' With My Peeps

10. normanack

normanack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2012
    Michigan, USA

Happy Birthday!

Let's see: chicken coop, chickens, cool software, and a snazzy incubator -- more than normal, those are ultra-cool, dream-worthy gifts!

All I want for Christmas is a Lyon RX2 incubator and a pony. Hey, if I'm gonna dream, I'm gonna dream big. :)

p.s. a pair of muck boots is what I'll get if I'm lucky :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by