The Legbar Thread!

Need opinions. Out of my last hatch, I got a chick that looks female but has a white spot on the head. I don't plan to keep it for myself, but when I sell it, should it be sold as just a regular legbar or as just a laying hen?

Need opinions. Out of my last hatch, I got a chick that looks female but has a white spot on the head. I don't plan to keep it for myself, but when I sell it, should it be sold as just a regular legbar or as just a laying hen?

M, I would just sell it as a blue eggs layer. If the spot is big enough for you to not want to breed from that girl, that tells me that we're not talking shout a small refined spot ;)

I would keep it. Some of my best Cream Legbars with nice crests came from Cream Legbars with dots. I would be more worried if the dot interfered with the eyeliner. But the eyeliner looks clear and distinct. She's a keeper, in my opinion. The real question is whether or not she will have gold in her color.

I would keep it. Some of my best Cream Legbars with nice crests came from Cream Legbars with dots. I would be more worried if the dot interfered with the eyeliner. But the eyeliner looks clear and distinct. She's a keeper, in my opinion. The real question is whether or not she will have gold in her color.

Those pictures were an example of a girl with a headspot, not the chick that was being asked about. @flyingmonkeypoop can you share a picture of her?

just FYI, last year i had what appeared to be a female chick, nice stripes & etc., tiny spot on head but i thought nothing of it -- especially in contrast to the very clearly male chick she hatched with. as they grew up, he developed HUGE comb & wattles very early, and much lighter coloring, she didn't... all was well, I ended up giving her to a friend, and they were delighted -- until she started crowing. turned out to be a stealth boy. very strange.

Does anyone know if this bird has legbar breeding? He hatched from a blue egg and had a yellow dot on his head as a chick. I know hes very dark and a bit heavy.

Back
Top Bottom