The Legbar Thread!

I thought you must be talking about the boys - because my legbars are fairly quiet! (Although they definitely complain if I don't stop by the cherry tomato plants and bring them a couple EVERY TIME I walk to the coop or to their playpen on the lawn)

Hand over a tomato and nobody will get hurt! (LOL)

Actually, now that I think about it, the only time I've heard my girls make a noise was during a chicken game of keep away - where the object of desire was a tomato... They were pretty vocal then...

Another morning spent staring at birds and I must say, I will have some gorgeous looking legbars going into fall. There are a few pullets that I was surprised came out of my flock. I have a feather eater so most of my cockerels have no tails so it is harder to go by that. If anyone is interested in rose combed birds later this year, let me know. I plan to get down to the top 3-4 cockerels each of rose comb and single comb and maybe the top 15 pullets before I make my decisions of who to keep for breeding so I should have at least a couple roosters to ship out once the weather cools down

My gorgeous little Percy is growing fast

she is quite a pretty little pullet! Very nice example of the breed-- you are very lucky!

Her sister is very brown and her creat is very small and black, but Percy seems to be growing very well, I only got them because I thought they were cute, I had never heard of the breed so didn't know what I had till I came on here lol

Back
Top Bottom