The Legbar Thread!

Just checking in from rainy North Carolina
sickbyc.gif
! Seems like it may never end! We have fallen hard for the auto sexing breeds and just added 5 little rhodebars to our flock, 3 boys and 2 girls. It all started with these pretty cream legbars!
love.gif

Just checking in from rainy North Carolina
sickbyc.gif
! Seems like it may never end! We have fallen hard for the auto sexing breeds and just added 5 little rhodebars to our flock, 3 boys and 2 girls. It all started with these pretty cream legbars!
love.gif
Congrats! I'm in NC as well and am hoping for an excellent hatch from 8 CL eggs I'll be picking up tomorrow!!!! Where did you get yours? :)

I just wanted to share that the CCL eggs the Post Office had from Wednesday until Monday were not a total loss - close, but not total. 3 hatched, under a broody, 1 was way way way too tiny and died within 24 hours, but the other two look terrific and not a speck of white on their little chipmunk heads :) Silkie Mamas are raising them and doing a great job. Makes it tough to get pictures, but I will try over the weekend.

clap.gif
celebrate.gif
Congrats! How many eggs total did you get?

I set 23, 10 under the broodies and 13 in the incubator. The broodies were already working on a few of their own eggs and also had some Dominique eggs from a local breeder (4 broodies all together in a pen, did an absolutely fabulous job).

Congrats! I'm in NC as well and am hoping for an excellent hatch from 8 CL eggs I'll be picking up tomorrow!!!!

Where did you get yours?
smile.png
My cream legbar hatching eggs came from a lady in Florida...via e-bay...
idunno.gif
only ended up with a pair...but super excited just to have them! Sounds like you found a local source if you are picking them up? Are they 2013? My little pair is pretty gold in color...would like a few more! Let us know how your hatch goes. We just moved our 5 little rhodebars (9day olds) under a broody speckled Sussex who had 5 of her own with no problems.

My cream legbar hatching eggs came from a lady in Florida...via e-bay...
idunno.gif
only ended up with a pair...but super excited just to have them! Sounds like you found a local source if you are picking them up? Are they 2013? My little pair is pretty gold in color...would like a few more! Let us know how your hatch goes. We just moved our 5 little rhodebars (9day olds) under a broody speckled Sussex who had 5 of her own with no problems.
No, mine are from 2011 stock. :( Best I can do for now since that was the closest at 2.5 hours drive away. There's someone about 2 hours away who is doing awesome things with their CL flock but they have a long waiting list so I'll get I that now and maybe have some chicks or eggs from them in a couple of months. ;)

I would love to find the CL lady in Florida since Im in Fl. My road trip to Jordan Farms didn't happen. I found that Greenfire Farms is closer. Gff doesn't know it yet but there's a road trip from Ocala of nutter chicken ladies on the way. Lol!

I would love to find the CL lady in Florida since Im in Fl. My road trip to Jordan Farms didn't happen. I found that Greenfire Farms is closer. Gff doesn't know it yet but there's a road trip from Ocala of nutter chicken ladies on the way. Lol!

lau.gif
LOL That's great! Everybody better get out of the road!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom