The Life of being Little... my Seramas from eggs and beyond

Do you have any Seramas right now?
Yep. I currently have a Splash hen Ethel (who hasn't laid any eggs and she is a year old), Tobias my wonderful rooster (around 2 years) and Raven who is 2 months old. The eggs are from the lady I got Tobias and Ethel. The chicks will be Splash.
20220524_135402.jpg

Yep. I currently have a Splash hen Ethel (who hasn't laid any eggs and she is a year old), Tobias my wonderful rooster (around 2 years) and Raven who is 2 months old. The eggs are from the lady I got Tobias and Ethel. The chicks will be Splash.
View attachment 3122221
They are so beautiful! I only have two left. Lost the others to the cold or hawks. The roosters have the cutest crows!

They are so beautiful! I only have two left. Lost the others to the cold or hawks. The roosters have the cutest crows!
Yeah, I lost 7 Serama chicks this year. I hatched 1 out of three few months ago and it was not thriving very well and just died. My friend gave me one chick and I bought 5 more chicks so it wouldn't be lonely. Well, within two weeks 4 out of the 6 chicks died suddenly and found out it was the chicks I purchased had Coccidiosis (however it is spelled, lol). I was VERY ANGRY to find out I purchased sick birds. After I cured the disease a month later after the remaining 2 chicks outside.. the rooster got taken by a hawk. So out of the original 8.. Raven is the only survivor.

Mine are wonderfully cold hardy. I live in an area it gets down into the negatives. This year in the mountains it got to -20F! Though it probably got to about -15F at my house.

Last edited:
Hopefully you'll have a good hatch this time around!
Little miss Jordyn's eggs are going to be hatching any day now. None of the eggs are actually hers, mixes from some of the other girls. Would LOVE to get another Serama rooster to breed again though.View attachment 3122282
your girl is so pretty! My mom has 3 hens with similar coloring and I love it. I was sad she didn’t keep her rooster so I could hatch from them but she lives in a hens only neighborhood and didn’t feel comfortable keeping him even though his crows were so tiny I doubt anyone would really have minded.

Back
Top Bottom