The local Pizza Restaurant is giving us their scraps of pizza and salad.

How about one of those fancy cabinet ones that hold a ton of eggs and regulate humidity, temp, and turn the eggs for you? I forget what brand they are. Ova Easy or something like that...
Oh man, do I ever want one. <<sigh>> Alas, I don't have a spare 200 bucks in my wallet. I build my own instead. They work pretty well.

Oh wow, you make them? That's pretty neat. I guess in that case you have like an unlimited supply of them. lol
The supplies still cost $$! I made a very small cabinet incubator for my button quail eggs last month, but I've been thinking about a full size cabinet build. I need to figure out how to circulate the air appropriately.

The supplies still cost $$! I made a very small cabinet incubator for my button quail eggs last month, but I've been thinking about a full size cabinet build. I need to figure out how to circulate the air appropriately.
True. Though I found the one I was talking about and it was $1,200...so I'm sure you're still saving money, lol.

Could you put a little fan in there to blow the air? (I've never incubated a single egg, so I'm talking out my butt here). I'm sure you've thought of that already. What's the problem with the circulation exactly?

True. Though I found the one I was talking about and it was $1,200...so I'm sure you're still saving money, lol.

Could you put a little fan in there to blow the air? (I've never incubated a single egg, so I'm talking out my butt here). I'm sure you've thought of that already. What's the problem with the circulation exactly?
Oh my. :th
Yes, fans are standard for incubators. I have only built tabletop models before, so I would need to figure out some baffles and maybe find a higher CFM fan to ensure the eggs on the top rack didn't roast and the eggs on the bottom didn't freeze. It's just a different kind of setup with the vertical space; my standard bulb configuration wouldn't work. I know there's some articles out there that'd help if I track them down.

Oh my. :th
Yes, fans are standard for incubators. I have only built tabletop models before, so I would need to figure out some baffles and maybe find a higher CFM fan to ensure the eggs on the top rack didn't roast and the eggs on the bottom didn't freeze. It's just a different kind of setup with the vertical space; my standard bulb configuration wouldn't work. I know there's some articles out there that'd help if I track them down.
Yeah, it's a super fancy one that holds like 100 eggs. How many do you do at a time in your homemade ones?

Maybe have one fan on top and one on the bottom? I'm sure there are articles on this site even that talk about it. So much knowledge here.

Omnivore comes from the Latin words omni,meaning "all, everything," and vorare, meaning"to devour."

Some really great input here. This one I loved. It was thought provoking...

I wouldn't do it at all.
You don't know what mouths have been on that food and if they had any diseases or did drugs.

Can Chickens get HERPES from eating after someone with a Cold Sore?:p

As far as people doing Drugs...Meth-head's don't eat!:weeHeroin Addicts can't get up to go get Pizza:th.
So that leaves POT Smokers...No possible WAY a Pothead with the MUNCHIES is going to leave Pizza behind!:drool. I think the OP need not worry here...JJ :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom