The LOOGGE---***UPDATED 5/20***

Quote:
Yes the white one, Icee, is both deaf/blind. She can see some in lower light. Katie, the one that every one is chasing is the deaf one. She was one day shy of being destroyed because of her deafness. 8months later she is my Service Dog in Training! Cherry, the foxhound, is my neighbors dog. She insists on coming down to play every evening or she won't go in her house and eat, lol. 8months ago, Cherry didn't play. Katie pestered her until one day she started chasing her. It's been like this ever since, lol. Cherry has taught Katie all the things a puppy should learn from it's momma. Puppies learn lots of things after 6weeks old but Katie didn't get that opportunity.

yippiechickie.gif
Boy when I first saw LUGGE I thought chickens in a bobsled?
ya.gif
No, this is a really good idea. I think I might do something like this but with a regular type doghouse, I'm going to have chicks ready to go outside before DH gets the big Coop done. so thanks for the ideas as to how and where to put bracing and frames, doors and such.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Hoping to get some work done on it tomorrow. Need to get a coat of paint on the remainder of the framing but it rained pretty good for a couple of days, I need for the wood to dry out some. Started putting on some wire tonight. Have been busy fixing up the "playhouse" coop as I needed to get a bunch of bantams out of the brooder. Little buggers were growing like weeds!

Quote:
I got the last of the frame painted and part of the wire put on. Lots more work to come shortly. It's suppose to be cool the next couple of days, but I've got to finish up on a quilt by Friday afternoon for Relay for Life Friday evening. (we need a quilting smiley!!) The quilt has already gotten $265 in donations and it's not even finished yet!!

I hope to have the Lugge done by Monday!!

Hi!
I just got a dogloo like yours to make my chicken coop. I'm on my own on this one as my husband has decided he doesn't want another project (I do already have a long list for him). So, I need all the help I can get. What did you use to cut the dogloo? I'm not great with tools, but I'm willing to learn. and What are you going to use for nesting boxes? Your Lugge is looking great!
Thanks!

I drilled a small hole and then used a jigsaw to cut the igloo. It actually cuts rather easily as long as you can keep the igloo stable. I recommend clamps to hold it to a saw horse or something to keep it from moving while you cut it. At the bottom of the back where I cut it open for the egg/clean-out door, I cut a little triangle off the bottom edge of the hinge side of the door so that it would swing open easily.

It's taking me awhile to get done because of weather, allergies and chemo. All the wire in on, I need to get 2 doors on the run drop in the igloo and add the roof. Hopefully by this weekend it will be done. I've got to get the EE's split up and the Silver Sebrights into a coop of their own. Got new babies coming this weekend so I need the brooder!!!
wee.gif

ETA--Nest box is just an old plastic sign that is screwed into the back. It pushes out of the way so I can clean out the coop!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom