The love childen's Adventures...sad update

Sad update. Last Friday I had to make the hard choice to cull one of my girls. She had an infection in her foot that would not go away. After my DH talked to 3 different vets they suggested the best thing to do was cull her. So my DH was the one that had to do the deed. He was holding her after so she would not flop around and Leon decided that he did not like what DH was doing to one of his girls so Leon took all of his 12 inches and 2lb self over to DH who is 5'10" and 200lbs and proceeded to flog DH's poor arm. DH had to laugh at Leon all he could think of was David and Goliath. It was a sad day but it was kind of nice to know that Leon would defend his girls like he did. I was not sure about posting due to the fact that this is a sad story but Leon was just so cute and brave it did make my husband smile even if he had to do a hard job. I got some bread and had DH feed the rest of the flock later in the day and they all seemed to like him again even Leon who took bread right out of DH hand and gave it to the girls. I hope everyone had a great holiday. I spent the day with a scared dog hiding under my bed making it shake.

Thank you speckledhen we never did find the bumble in her foot vet thinks it was just the infection that climbed all the way to her knee joint it was hard. I still miss her she was my biggest hen 22 inches tall and weighed 11 pounds.

hit.gif

Yes it is but we did learn a bunch with this so her death is not in vain. I will miss her she was one of my first 5 pullets I got that started me on this crazy chicken ride. Now if I can just teach DH chicken math I will be all set. He is still doing just plain math.

I am so sorry about your girl.
sad.png
But I am so proud of Leon. What a wonderful little guy to try to defend his girl, poor boy did not know what was going on did he? Thankfully your DH is understanding and did not take it personal.

I am sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose a pet, and even harder when you have to make the decision for them. Kudos for Leon and Kudos to your DH for taking it in stride and not thinking Leon was bad, but that Leon was being noble. We need more Leons in this world....now that sounds kinda weird...but don'tcha wish there were people like Leon?

Back
Top Bottom