The Middle Tennessee Thread

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Jan 15, 2011.

1. pickledchicken

pickledchicken Songster

Feb 27, 2012
    Sparta Tn.
    The Cuckoos I picked up locally, they were inexpensive and close so this is what I decided to start out with,as a matter of fact I ordered ten and he gave me 20. They are cleaned legged but no off coloring at all I'll get some pics together soon. I don't know about the eggs yet I'm hoping to get some dark ones I do know he worked with them a lot they look great the barring is awesome. Anyhow two weeks later I got some Barnies you can find pictures of them on the Barnevelder threads I have posted in. Two weeks after that I get 10 Black Orpingtons somewhere about this time I get that LOOK from my Darlin Wife. She has since befriended one of the Barnevelders and things are going smoothly [​IMG] Maybe you could use some of my Marans to clean up the color and get some feathers on the legs? Stay in touch....Chad...Pics soon

2. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    The leg feathering is a hard thing to add in.... I don't really have any with feathered legs... I have a blue marans with some cuckoo and very lightly feathered legs.... he is my only option right now for feathered legs. [​IMG] Are they laying? I am guessing not since you said you want some dark eggs.... how old are they? I will wait for pics [​IMG]

3. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    Finally paid for the motor on my incubator today, cost..... 6 pullets and a doz eggs. [​IMG] I like that [​IMG] But that really thinned me down on pullets. [​IMG]

On another note I had nearly 100% hatch [​IMG] I didn't need anymore chicks! I think maybe I might go the the flea market in Lebanon and try to sell them in a week or two. By then I will know what I have to sell from the other pens too.

I finally moved everyone around to make room for the new chicks.... that felt great! Cleaned almost all the pens in the shop and I need to clean the breeding pens next. Next week I HAVE to start working on remodeling my house so we can move ASAP and sell this house ASAP! I have to do the tile in the bathrooms paint all the rooms but the kitchen and put in floors everywhere but the kitchen.... can you tell we did the kitchen already..... MANY months ago! But time is running out so now we have to work in earnest to finish and move. The kitchen and bathrooms are the hardest parts after that it is really just painting.... we may hire the floors, I am too old to put in more hardwood floors [​IMG]

4. pickledchicken

pickledchicken Songster

Feb 27, 2012
    Sparta Tn.
    Just a couple of pics [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen

May 18, 2011
    Nashville

6. pickledchicken

pickledchicken Songster

Feb 27, 2012
    Sparta Tn.
    [​IMG]
    Cockerel pic 1
    [​IMG]
    Cockerel pic 2
    [​IMG]
    Pullet pic 1
    [​IMG]
    Pullet pic 2
    I will have 6 roo's your welcome to some if you like the way they look

7. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen

May 18, 2011
    Nashville

8. pickledchicken

pickledchicken Songster

Feb 27, 2012
    Sparta Tn.
    I have 13 pullets I could spare a couple of those as well, I was thinking you needed roo's

9. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen

May 18, 2011
    Nashville

10. pickledchicken

pickledchicken Songster

Feb 27, 2012
    Sparta Tn.
    Will do

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by