The Middle Tennessee Thread

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Jan 15, 2011.

1. soroco

soroco Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2012
    Van Buren Co MID TN
    Welcome; I could, when younger stand on my property line and throw a rock into White Co. Are you in Cassville?

2. pickledchicken

pickledchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2012
    Sparta Tn.
    Yes right there pretty much at the caution light at Old Kentucky and Smithville Hwy

3. EconMan

EconMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Donna - Let me know if you go to the Lebanon flea market. It's not too far from me and I may head up that way to see what you bring. Not at I need anymore chickens. Ha! Both the Barred Rocks that I hatched ended up being Roos, so they went to Wayne's farm. Along with a Black Copper Marans roo. It looks like the lone SLW I hatched is going to be a pullet. Not 100% sure but leaning that way.

4. pickledchicken

pickledchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2012
    Sparta Tn.
    I keep running outside thinking I got a lost chick all I hear is peep peep peep. Well it turns out that the mocking bird has picked up on the baby chicks in the garage. [​IMG]

5. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    I am going to put them on CL tonight.... out of 93 eggs/83 hatched [​IMG]If they don't sell I may take them next weekend or the next. I will let y'all know. I know I am going to BAKE when I go. I have some BR and 1 Marans.... no SLW. I have all of my SBEL (Super Blue Egg Layers) for sale... that is a first for me to sell those chicks [​IMG] some Olive Eggers and Lavender split Ams. I still have to go through my older chicks and see what I have in there. I know I have NH.... not sure what else is in there.

BUT I feel like I can breath now! Everyone has been moved and cleaned pens and settled for a little while. If anyone needs any chicks just PM me but they are going on CL later tonight.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  6. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    [​IMG]

7. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Hey, Pickled! Welcome to the Middle TN thread!

My mockingbirds will mimic the chicks too. I also finally figured out (after yelling at the dogs repeatedly to be quiet) that they can mimic my dogs' whining. That's a fun one. [​IMG] We have a ton of the little suckers around here and they are VERY verbal!

8. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Hey, y'all!

I have 6 production reds that are 15 weeks old. They are getting big and need to go to a new home. They are hatchery birds, but should be really good layers. The one I kept from last year's round laid all winter.

I also have a black olive egger and a blue ameraucana that are about 12 weeks old. I have several black ameraucana boys that are absolutely gorgeous. A couple glow purple in the sunlight. They are going to be stunning when they are grown. I have a friend who will take them to eat, but they are too pretty to be dinner.

I also have a young silver spangeld hamburg pair (male/female). These are also hatchery quality, but they are pretty darn cute. I was going to keep them all, but one has turned into a boy and I just can't keep him.

Eventually I'll put them all up on Craigslist. I wanted to offer them to y'all first though. PM me if you are interested.

9. Brown Chicka Brown Cow

Brown Chicka Brown Cow Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi all! I have 2 extra Blue orpington cockerals that are 14-15 weeks old straight from Terry Disney and The Loft at Holly Lane. These are extremely docile giants. If you might be interested PM me. Thanks!

10. EconMan

EconMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Donna - What do your SBEL look like? I may be interested in a couple. What age are they?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by