The Middle Tennessee Thread

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Jan 15, 2011.

1. matlock585

matlock585 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    White Bluff, TN
    Got my new spring trap and a cage to put some bait in. I am 'bout to get this sucker that is eating my chickens! I saw my dad get one this way when I was little. I'm not really looking forward to seeing the fox in the trap...but that thing has to go. :)

2. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    You can relocate it if you want. MILES away.

3. TinTennessee

TinTennessee Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2012
    Springfield , TN.
    My Coop
    Donna sounds like I left Nashville just in time to miss the heat. I put extra water pans out for the chicks before I left. Since my sons car broke down he can't get to my house to check on the chicks till today. I sure hope their alright.

4. Raven1

Raven1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Carthage, TN
    My Black and Blue Coppers by far lay the darkest eggs. I would say in general its the BCM but I have one Blue right now that is laying way dark!

5. Raven1

Raven1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Carthage, TN
    I thought you said July 6th? Yes I really don't get their idea of customer service. I will really be crazy mad if the birds are crap or DOA.
    You need to get that fox its probably got kits to feed and will keep trying your fences. SSS

6. BitByChickenBug

BitByChickenBug Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2012
    My Coop
    If anyone is interested in splitting an order from MyPetChicken.com, let me know. You can order as little as three chickens, but I only want one or two more. I've already done an order wtih them and the chicks arrived VERY healthy. Pretty pleased. However the shipping is nearly $36. So if anyone in the Nashville area wants to order a couple chicks that will arrive the week of July 23, please let me know and we can split shipping. (That week is when they have dominiques avail again)

Alternatively, if anyone has a very young dominique chick available PLEASE contact me! Thanks!
    ~Charlene

7. EconMan

EconMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Here's some pullets in Springfield http://nashville.craigslist.org/grd/3101949937.html

8. EconMan

Jul 14, 2010
    Murfreesboro, TN
    BiyBy - Those are actually hens, although I thought I saw someone locally that had a few Dominique chicks for sale on craigslist too

9. BitByChickenBug

BitByChickenBug Out Of The Brooder

Jun 19, 2012
    My Coop
    Thanks! I called and yes they are all hens... I saw the dominiques too, was a guy in GA I called, they had all sold but were pullets anyway.

10. EconMan

Jul 14, 2010
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Well I lost two hens to the heat this evening. I checked on them several times today and they were doing ok considering. Left home for a couple hours then came back to two expired hens. A Buff Orp and a Barred Rock. The Buff was my wife's favorite chicken. These were two of the original four pullets we started with 2 years ago. They have shade to go to and fresh water. I'm going to set up a fan tomorrow. Hopefully that will help. Any other suggestions are much appreciated.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by