The Middle Tennessee Thread

Got my new spring trap and a cage to put some bait in. I am 'bout to get this sucker that is eating my chickens! I saw my dad get one this way when I was little. I'm not really looking forward to seeing the fox in the trap...but that thing has to go. :)

Got my new spring trap and a cage to put some bait in. I am 'bout to get this sucker that is eating my chickens! I saw my dad get one this way when I was little. I'm not really looking forward to seeing the fox in the trap...but that thing has to go.
smile.png
You can relocate it if you want. MILES away.

Donna sounds like I left Nashville just in time to miss the heat. I put extra water pans out for the chicks before I left. Since my sons car broke down he can't get to my house to check on the chicks till today. I sure hope their alright.

Raven I did not get the call from Sandhill saying they shipped so I guess it's going to be July! Ujjif and when we ever get this order ,boy are they going to get an ear full from me!lol they even had the gall to send a full page letter talking about how if you canceled an order after a ship date had been assigned that they would charge you for it and not give a refund! And then they can't even hold up their end! Poor business people for sure. I bet they get few return customers.
Had another fox attack yesterday. Only got one hen and two chicks! Last time they got over 25!
Hope some of you can make it to the Dickson rabbit show sat. Everyone who has chickens should have rabbits,just because! Lol
I thought you said July 6th? Yes I really don't get their idea of customer service. I will really be crazy mad if the birds are crap or DOA.
You need to get that fox its probably got kits to feed and will keep trying your fences. SSS

If anyone is interested in splitting an order from MyPetChicken.com, let me know. You can order as little as three chickens, but I only want one or two more. I've already done an order wtih them and the chicks arrived VERY healthy. Pretty pleased. However the shipping is nearly $36. So if anyone in the Nashville area wants to order a couple chicks that will arrive the week of July 23, please let me know and we can split shipping. (That week is when they have dominiques avail again)

Alternatively, if anyone has a very young dominique chick available PLEASE contact me! Thanks!
~Charlene

If anyone is interested in splitting an order from MyPetChicken.com, let me know. You can order as little as three chickens, but I only want one or two more. I've already done an order wtih them and the chicks arrived VERY healthy. Pretty pleased. However the shipping is nearly $36. So if anyone in the Nashville area wants to order a couple chicks that will arrive the week of July 23, please let me know and we can split shipping. (That week is when they have dominiques avail again)

Alternatively, if anyone has a very young dominique chick available PLEASE contact me! Thanks!
~Charlene
Here's some pullets in Springfield http://nashville.craigslist.org/grd/3101949937.html

Well I lost two hens to the heat this evening. I checked on them several times today and they were doing ok considering. Left home for a couple hours then came back to two expired hens. A Buff Orp and a Barred Rock. The Buff was my wife's favorite chicken. These were two of the original four pullets we started with 2 years ago. They have shade to go to and fresh water. I'm going to set up a fan tomorrow. Hopefully that will help. Any other suggestions are much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom