The Middle Tennessee Thread

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Jan 15, 2011.

1. wife89

wife89 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2011
    Hey Donna... do you remember what that white chick was that I got from you? That day was a blur.... still telling my hubby about your set up..LOL

2. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    Super blue egg layer.

3. chelleigh

chelleigh Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2011
    Dickson, TN
    I just moved to Middle Tennessee from Phoenix, AZ. I am looking forward to starting a new flock here once we find a house. We are considering putting an offer down on a house with a Dickson address, but it is actually outside city limits. Does anyone know the chicken laws for Dickson? Do they apply if you are "outside city limits"? I haven't found anything that is very clear. I don't want to buy a house in a place I can't have chickens.

Thanks!

4. pickledchicken

pickledchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2012
    Sparta Tn.
    [​IMG] I would think you'd be OK outside city limits but you might want to do some checking.

5. DMRippy

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    You need to call codes and find out. I saw a news story about a man in Dickson that was being ordered to get rid of his chickens that he has had for 30+ years. He was grandfathered in BUT they said they are not the SAME chickens.... [​IMG] you would be better off know in advance. I would think if your property was zoned agricultural you would be OK.

[​IMG] Middle TN Thread!

6. matlock585

matlock585 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    White Bluff, TN
    I live in Dickson county. From what I have observed anytime you are not in city limits of one of the towns you will for sure see chickens! :D

7. wife89

wife89 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2011
    Thank you ma'am

8. chelleigh

chelleigh Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2011
    Dickson, TN
    That is good to hear! I found a Dickson zoning map last night and the property isn't even on the map, but we are going to call around to triple check. In AZ, my HOA changed their rules to ban chickens right after I got chickens! We did keep them, but always wondered if we were going to get caught.

Thanks for everyone's help! [​IMG]

9. DMRippy

May 18, 2011
    Nashville

10. Raven1

Raven1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Carthage, TN
    OK guys this is the last time I will bug y'all about this! I wont have internet after tomorrow until the 9th. So I know Donna and her bunch are coming out and I hope a big bunch more but if not well then Donna and I will just have to tell you what you all missed [​IMG] Stay cool!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by