The Middle Tennessee Thread

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Jan 15, 2011.

1. wife89

wife89 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2011
    We got a few drops out here. Still had to wake up at the crack of dawn to water the garden... which is toast anyway, so I don't know why I try... :( But the rain all around us sure did cool things off a bit.. hopefully we will start to get more pop up showers... I could use one.

2. Cinny

Cinny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    Nashville Tennessee
    I'm in the Franklin area too....we did get the rain, but on days when we don't I water down the run area and water the roof of the coop (it's small)....then I make sure I water the sand in their dusting area and I put ice cubes out there, as they melt it gives them cool water......

3. Cinny

Cinny Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2012
    Nashville Tennessee
    Here's something my husband thinks I'm crazy to tell anyone....here goes. In the evening when I'm sitting down by the run watching them I've started taking my IPhone and playing Pandora on it.....I have a Andrea Bocelli station that my chickens seem to love. I have one Silkie that walks over and stares at me and then sits and listens.....the others come to the side of the run where I'm sitting and really seem calmer. If I change the station or if a female sings, they walk off......am I nuts or has anyone else played music for them.....seriously.

4. CarolJ

CarolJ Dogwood Trace Farm

Jun 3, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    I'm in Franklin, too! I'm out of town right now, though - so don't know if it rained at our farm or not. I'm hoping my chickens are doing okay while we're gone. We have a friend checking on them each day.

5. pickledchicken

pickledchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2012
    Sparta Tn.
    Getting closer on the homemade bator Woo Hoo ! Got the water tray and shelf's fitted.[​IMG][​IMG]

6. Lots A Cluckin

Lots A Cluckin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    looks great!

7. Raven1

Raven1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Carthage, TN
    How much room do you have inside? Autoturners will fit in a 16" sq. I think or you could build an auto turner yourself made to fit. Looking good! Did you order the incukit?

8. pickledchicken

Feb 27, 2012
    Sparta Tn.
    Gonna order the kit soon I can't wait. I do have room for auto turners plan on getting three of those as well. Thank You

9. pickledchicken

Feb 27, 2012
    Sparta Tn.
    Thank You I can't wait to try it out !

10. EconMan

EconMan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Murfreesboro, TN
    [​IMG]

Donna - Here's a pic of the Columbian Wyandotte. Finally was able to get the photo loaded. This is the one that lays the tiniest of eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by