The Middle Tennessee Thread

Hey Donna... do you remember what that white chick was that I got from you? That day was a blur.... still telling my hubby about your set up..LOL

I just moved to Middle Tennessee from Phoenix, AZ. I am looking forward to starting a new flock here once we find a house. We are considering putting an offer down on a house with a Dickson address, but it is actually outside city limits. Does anyone know the chicken laws for Dickson? Do they apply if you are "outside city limits"? I haven't found anything that is very clear. I don't want to buy a house in a place I can't have chickens.

Thanks!

I just moved to Middle Tennessee from Phoenix, AZ. I am looking forward to starting a new flock here once we find a house. We are considering putting an offer down on a house with a Dickson address, but it is actually outside city limits. Does anyone know the chicken laws for Dickson? Do they apply if you are "outside city limits"? I haven't found anything that is very clear. I don't want to buy a house in a place I can't have chickens.

Thanks!
welcome-byc.gif
I would think you'd be OK outside city limits but you might want to do some checking.

Thanks!
You need to call codes and find out. I saw a news story about a man in Dickson that was being ordered to get rid of his chickens that he has had for 30+ years. He was grandfathered in BUT they said they are not the SAME chickens....
barnie.gif
you would be better off know in advance. I would think if your property was zoned agricultural you would be OK.

welcome-byc.gif
Middle TN Thread!

I live in Dickson county. From what I have observed anytime you are not in city limits of one of the towns you will for sure see chickens!
big_smile.png
That is good to hear! I found a Dickson zoning map last night and the property isn't even on the map, but we are going to call around to triple check. In AZ, my HOA changed their rules to ban chickens right after I got chickens! We did keep them, but always wondered if we were going to get caught.

Thanks for everyone's help!
smile.png

Quote: I would think you would have been grandfathered in. If you had them and then they changed the rules you should have be OK.

Good luck to you! and let us know when you need chickens, hatching eggs, and what you need and want! We will try to hook you up!

You are going to love it here.... it is feeling just like AZ right now
lau.gif

Hi All!
frow.gif

My family does a large cookout and fireworks show every 4th of July. I would like for any and all of my BYC friends and family to also come out and have a great time! Bring a covered dish, chairs, drinks, and any fireworks you wish to contribute. This year we will be doing this on Saturday the 7th (as the 4th is midweek.)
We have not had a meet up in a long time so I am hoping you all will use this opportunity to get together. I live in Carthage, Tn. and we are very easy to find. We will try to eat around 6ish and fireworks will start at dusk. Some will be drinking beer but the day will be kid friendly. Just Google Map us 363 Whitefield Lane Carthage, Tn. 37030 or use your GPS
Hope to see alot of you there!
OK guys this is the last time I will bug y'all about this! I wont have internet after tomorrow until the 9th. So I know Donna and her bunch are coming out and I hope a big bunch more but if not well then Donna and I will just have to tell you what you all missed
tongue2.gif
Stay cool!

Back
Top Bottom