The Middle Tennessee Thread

I'll be needing some eggs in a week or so...Let me know what you guys might have available soon....

I just ordered my incukit got everything wired up and ready !!!

Little Giant egg turners fit like a charm cut a nice 1" 1/2 hole to feed the cords out

I used a short piece of drain pipe generally found under the kitchen sink to make a nice grommet to protect the wires

The plug on the left is wired up to a switch these plugs are for the egg turners and the plug on the right will power the incukit

The homemade switch box so I can turn the egg turners off when needed

I'll be needing some eggs in a week or so...Let me know what you guys might have available soon....

I just ordered my incukit got everything wired up and ready !!!

Little Giant egg turners fit like a charm cut a nice 1" 1/2 hole to feed the cords out

I used a short piece of drain pipe generally found under the kitchen sink to make a nice grommet to protect the wires

The plug on the left is wired up to a switch these plugs are for the egg turners and the plug on the right will power the incukit

The homemade switch box so I can turn the egg turners off when needed
Dang your pretty handy! That is looking good! What about the coops.... my guess is the BOSS said OK
lau.gif

BTW I should all those same eggs next week and the week after and the week after that.... you get the idea
gig.gif
Only I have fresher Marans too.

Quit changing your avatar! Please!
wink.png
I am old....
You can dig those holes..... just do it at midnight when the temps are down.... should only take you a few hours.... for one hole
gig.gif
no biggie!

I can't wait to see them finished... they are going to be SO AWESOME!

Last edited:
I am cutting WAY back on hatching. I only set the Marans because I have so many people that want pullets and I have not hatched any in a long time.  I set my W/BW Ams and few Lav and Splits (they are not laying great) How about some sheet metal?  Scrap pieces to fit under my Pallet coops?  Just roofing is fine.  I can get you some rough measurements.  That will give me something to pick up and take to the compost pile.  I have a small piece under one but would like some wide enough to catch most it so I don't have to shovel it.  I would need 4 total my guess is about 3' x 4' ish each.... how many eggs would that be?

I should be able to come up with something. Our flat sheets are 4' x 10' so two sheets cut in half oughtta do it. Let me see what I've got laying around.

Hi all! Was wondering if everyone's girls have stopped laying in this heat? Mine have, I'm down to one or two eggs a day from my 5 hens. Usually get no less than 4.

Haven't lost any hens though, so thankful for that!!!

Back
Top Bottom