The Middle Tennessee Thread

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Jan 15, 2011.

1. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen Premium Member

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    They are sold out of chicks..... started pairs will be available in a few months. I know they are worth it. My SLW are from Foley lines and Paul's lines. (Two different lines not breed together yet). I emailed them so we will see.

2. DMRippy

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    Guys do you know when some localish shows are? I might want to go look and sell.... depending on when and where. I may go to that cookeville auction just to see what that is all about.

3. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    Let me know if you are going to get some, we can split an order or something.

4. Raven1

Raven1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Carthage, TN
    Donna the cookeville exotic auction is very cool been there myself. The regular Tuesday night is hit and miss.

5. Lots A Cluckin

Lots A Cluckin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    Donna and Raven when you guys go to the auction in Cookville let me know...would love to met you guys...we have been there a few times I like going there you never know what kind of birds are going to be there

6. DMRippy

May 18, 2011
    Nashville

I am going to pick them up so i dont think there is a min order. They will be 5-6 months old.

7. Brown Chicka Brown Cow

Brown Chicka Brown Cow Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey guys, I have some non show quality silkie chicks for sale. They were hatched Apr.-June. I have some white, grey/dark blue, black, and partridge. These will be very pretty when grown but will not be show quallity. They will also fill out more while growing out and will have the nice fluffy bodies and heads when grown. Great for pets, eggs, broody, yard art, or adding to your mixed flock. PM me if interested. I have 15 available now and will have more later.They're straight run as silkies are hard to sex at this age. I will make someone a great deal on the 15 if they're all taken. Thanks!

8. Leah21

Leah21 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2012
    Nashville, TN
    My Coop
    I have to share with people that won't think I'm crazy...
    YAY!!!! We got our first egg today!!!!!
    Well, actually, we had two eggs today, but one was a soft shell and had busted. They were both laid in the run and not in the lovely nest boxes that were made for them. I did a search on here and found that it is somewhat normal for the 1st to be soft shelled and for them to be in unexpected places...thank goodness for BYC and its wealth of info, because it did worry me for a minute.

Look! It's so itty bitty...and this is Belle (Buff Orp) and one of the likely layers :)
    [​IMG]

9. DMRippy

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    That is great! I know you are excited! Do you have any training eggs in there, golf balls anything.... plastic easter eggs Try those and see if they will get the idea. I have some that NEVER use the boxes, but they were laying be for I got them. [​IMG] Muddy poopy eggs [​IMG]

10. Countrypunk92

Countrypunk92 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    Portland, tennessee
    do you know how much they will be? And is it just pairs or can you buy several pullets? And a few roos?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by