The Middle Tennessee Thread

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to get rid of a possum or coon? I'm having a time here and losing too many birds!  Any suggestions?

We recently had a possum in the hen house when I went out to close it up for the night. Of course my hubby was traveling .....so our neighbor came over abs killed it.

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to get rid of a possum or coon? I'm having a time here and losing too many birds! Any suggestions?
setting live traps with sardines or something with a loud odor is a pretty good way to catch them and relocate somewhere else you can buy at co- op or TSC.. once they find them and figure a way to catch they will continue to come

Last edited:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
BlackTNgiants, I will do my best , I hear that's all a mule can do lol

Heeeeeeellllllooooo:)

Been gone for awhile. Been working like a dog.
As you guys might have known, I rehomed all of my birds to donna, but the slw and a pet silkie. Well early this year someone STOLE the slw from me! I came home after work and saw the pen opened, went in and not one feather, blood, or signs of break ins. Asked neighbors and notone saw and anything. :( so needless to say I was upset... dont want to deal with birds anymore.. silkie stayed and became my dogs best friend and yada yada. So that's what's been happening here.

But sadly sick of not having feathered friends and yard candy and so tired of store bought eggs. Went and picked up some laying hens and bantam black wyandottes. But having hard time finding pullets hens. On cl or anyhere . Would anyone have any pullets or hens they would like to sell? I do not care for the breed or even if mixed. Dont want to mess with chicks so anything big enough to be outside is fine.

We recently had a possum in the hen house when I went out to close it up for the night. Of course my hubby was traveling .....so our neighbor came over abs killed it.

I had a problem with foxFox's and coyotes. Found out if you pee around coops and/or yard. Thats like marking your territory and they leave it be. I hear a humans urine is many times stronger then a fox or other canines. Sorry for the disgusting post lol

setting live traps with sardines or something with a loud odor is a pretty good way to catch them and relocate somewhere else you can buy at co- op or TSC.. once they find them and figure a way to catch they will continue to come

Hello everyone. I'm brand new to the forum and brand new to chickens. We haven't gotten sn't chickens yet but Hubby and I are slowly preparing everything. We are located up near Ashland City.

*Lauren*

I'm just a n00bie just trying to figure this out

Hello everyone. I'm brand new to the forum and brand new to chickens. We haven't gotten sn't chickens yet but Hubby and I are slowly preparing everything. We are located up near Ashland City.

*Lauren*

I'm just a n00bie just trying to figure this out
My farm is at the Davidson Co Cheatham Co Line and is an AC address.

welcome-byc.gif

Heeeeeeellllllooooo:)

Been gone for awhile. Been working like a dog.
As you guys might have known, I rehomed all of my birds to donna, but the slw and a pet silkie. Well early this year someone STOLE the slw from me! I came home after work and saw the pen opened, went in and not one feather, blood, or signs of break ins. Asked neighbors and notone saw and anything.
sad.png
so needless to say I was upset... dont want to deal with birds anymore.. silkie stayed and became my dogs best friend and yada yada. So that's what's been happening here.

But sadly sick of not having feathered friends and yard candy and so tired of store bought eggs. Went and picked up some laying hens and bantam black wyandottes. But having hard time finding pullets hens. On cl or anyhere . Would anyone have any pullets or hens they would like to sell? I do not care for the breed or even if mixed. Dont want to mess with chicks so anything big enough to be outside is fine.

See you should have sold them to me..... hehe.

I might have some that are about 8-10 weeks old. I will have to look, some I have no idea what they are anymore. I don't have any older ones right now. I have some projects I am growing out that are near POL but I have to hatch from them and then I will sell the pullets but that might not be till mid summer. Sorry you lost the SLW. I can hook you up with a couple of Roos if you want LOL. I seem to only hatch 3-4 roos to 1 pullet. But on a brighter note my eggs are fertile now LOL

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom