The Middle Tennessee Thread

No..... if you breath on them they will die.  I have hatched about 6 and not one has made it to 2 months old.  Sad, they are so pretty.  But I have heard they are the flightiest chickens EVER. 

Tolbunts are ok to grow out if you can keep them from ALL OTHER CHICKENS. Otherwise they do just die. I love them though. Mine are not any more flighty than my CCLs.

White leghorn are the BEST. I have exchequer leghorn......and a surprise coming in a few weeks.
Gosh, I hate surprises! Especially, with a teaser like this
hide.gif
caf.gif

White leghorn are the BEST. I have exchequer leghorn......and a surprise coming in a few weeks.

Ok fair enough, BUT I have 2 yes TWO nesting pair of hawks on my property. So far I have had no problems from these hawks going into year 6 but I also don't keep white chickens, well ok I have 1 hatchery Del "Ruby" and somehow she is still with us going into I think year 3 now. But a _flock_ of white chickens, no I just shouldn't tempt fate or hungry hawk parents that much.

So, a good white egg layer that is not a white feathered chicken, that is now the quest...ideas anyone??
while we wait to find out what DMRippy is up to w/ her super secret new stealth addition breed...;>

Ok fair enough, BUT I have 2 yes TWO nesting pair of hawks on my property. So far I have had no problems from these hawks going into year 6 but I also don't keep white chickens, well ok I have 1 hatchery Del "Ruby" and somehow she is still with us going into I think year 3 now. But a _flock_ of white chickens, no I just shouldn't tempt fate or hungry hawk parents that much.

So, a good white egg layer that is not a white feathered chicken, that is now the quest...ideas anyone??
while we wait to find out what DMRippy is up to w/ her super secret new stealth addition breed...;>

Find a different color egg layer that has white ear lobes. Ill research some too.

Back
Top Bottom