The Middle Tennessee Thread

I am heading to ft Campbell and am making a pit stop at rural king. If anyone wants some chicks let me know what and how many BUT you will have to pick them up today!

Either way is right. Just a WL x CCL or CCL x WL..... both work. All the chicks should be white and probably will have a crest.

....and just FYI, they don't ALWAYS lay a blue egg, I ended up with 2 pullets out of the 6 chicks I got, and one lays a blue egg, the other a white egg....
he.gif

....and just FYI, they don't ALWAYS lay a blue egg, I ended up with 2 pullets out of the 6 chicks I got, and one lays a blue egg, the other a white egg....
:he

Not all Cream Legbars lay blue eggs...... I have 3 CL hens, one lays a green egg, one lays a bluish/greenish egg, and one lays an almost blue egg. I have EE hens that lay aa much bluer egg.

Some of my SBELs are white and some are more black. They all lay a light bluish egg but sometimes they lay white. They lay nearly every day though so I don't complain. I don't know if what they eat makes a difference in whether or not the eggs are blue. The CCLs that I have lay a greenish blue but not as often.

Any of you middle tn chicken farmers raise peafowl? I think I'm wanting to hatch some out under my broody hen and let her raise them. Anyone done that before?

So I was checking out CL and saw a post that sounded too good to be true.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/zip/4914299356.html

23 Free Chickens with a free coop in Chapel Hill, TN (with some layers).

The post said to text or call so I went to text the number given and got an error that it wasn't a valid number. I also tried calling it (in case it was actually a landline), but received a message that it is not a valid number.

Double, triple and quadruple checked the number given, no luck.

So it looks like it was too good to be true, but in case it was anyone here, I figured I would check.

Has anyone seen this?

Back
Top Bottom