The Middle Tennessee Thread

In middle TN with all the rocks I would suggest double steaks that's what I have and it's worked well. Also invest in a gate. I thought it silly at first but love it now. And if your terrain is anything like mine you'll need more posts.

Thanks RJohns. My terrain is not completely flat but relatively so. The area I want to use the netting is a slight grade slope. No hills or drops, etc.

I think I am going to get the regular poultry net (in-line posts every 10 ft) but with the double stakes. I can get the starter kit with solar energizer and the net in 164 ft length. I’ll give that a try and if needed can do the plus net for a second roll.
Thanks, Medda

Hey guys, I know I can post this on the swap page, but figured since y’all are in the middle TN thread I’d post here first. Fairly certain I have 4 boys and 4 girls that are Black Australorps. They are about 12 weeks old and still all get along but I don’t think it will be long before it may turn ugly. Anyone need any BA
AD4E43B5-D2E3-4D46-AAE7-33B0E6E9FE0D.jpeg
6AC2BEA3-3B87-4FE7-A0C6-06A5C27138CF.jpeg
Roos?

I am in Hohenwald TN

Just got 20 chicks from Murry Mcmurray hatchery in the mail Wensday and they are in the brooder box. Wanted to introduce 2 or 3 Guinea chicks to the flock now while they are still small.

If anyone in Middle Tennessee can sell me a few chicks or trade for some feed or needed supplies please let me know. Will drive reasonable distance. Would prefer week old chicks.

Thanks

I am in Hohenwald TN

Just got 20 chicks from Murry Mcmurray hatchery in the mail Wensday and they are in the brooder box. Wanted to introduce 2 or 3 Guinea chicks to the flock now while they are still small.

If anyone in Middle Tennessee can sell me a few chicks or trade for some feed or needed supplies please let me know. Will drive reasonable distance. Would prefer week old chicks.

Thanks
Might want to do some additional research before proceeding. Chickens and guineas will peacefully coexist as separate flocks sharing a yard but putting them together in the brooder can result in some pretty ugly behaviors.

Hello!

I have a white D’Uccle pullet named Alice that I need to rehome. She is 9 months old and healthy. She is a bit flighty and is right in the middle of the pecking order. I’m asking $20. She lays 3-4 cute little eggs per week. I’m located in Smith County and I don’t mind driving a reasonable distance to meet. Thanks!!

86254FC4-901E-46A6-8BFB-A4E2708FF576.jpeg

8.jpg
20.jpg

Anybody interested in some Silkies? I've been working on them for years and now suddenly find I'm going to have to move and most likely rent for while until we find the right place. I've got 17 silkies total. 5 hens between 1-3 years old- decent show and breeding quality. Then 8- 3 months olds -gorgeous show stock from Bobbi Porto, one of the big show breeders. Right now I'm fairly sure- but not positive -4 pullets/4 roosters. And then 5- 2 month olds pretty well unsexed as yet- ordinary quality-not really showable but healthy and friendly . Three naked necks overall- 1 one year old hen and two 3 months old pullets. I'd love to send all the silkies off at one pop and would do $250 for the whole lot. Lots of colors- black, white, partridge, paint, gray, buff, etc . I've got two particularly nice pairs- white and partridge of the 3 months olds that could go separately. Right now I'm not selling hens separately. If anyone is interested
29.jpg
19.jpg

Ok posted this in predators and pests and was told to ask here. I am near Hohenwald. I just had a surgery and my closest neighbors came to mow lawn. While weed whacking she moved my welcome mat on the sidewalk and while trimming found 2 of these. Can someone tell me what they are? Or were I should say.
They were young and in the 9 inch range give or take an inch

20190905_185044.jpg
20190905_185024.jpg
20190905_185102.jpg

Back
Top Bottom