The Middle Tennessee Thread

1HappyFamily, I wouldn't sweat it too much. HBuehler is right, you will love the little cochins! They get along with silkies (of all other breeds they're probably the best two breeds together). They are really, really friendly, and they love to shuffle along in their little slippers and chat with you when you're in the pen. My silkies are more quiet and docile, but the one sitting at my feet in the kitchen right now is a cochin, LOL!

So just take it as one of life's lessons, with a nice little surprise on the side - - since now you can enjoy a different breed of chicken you never knew you'd love!
smile.png

(BTW, if the other one - - d'Uccles? - - is already naughty, you could just sell him. You might check the d'Uccles section of the forum for possible buyers . . .)

Last edited:
I've purchased from Poultry Hallow before and never had a real problem, other than I think he's kind of rude. He always acts as though he's in the middle of something important and I'm inconveniencing him.
idunno.gif
I will say that the silkies I got from him have all turned out beautiful. You know, compared to most from a hatchery.

HBuehler, I don't know you through here, but I've bought some EE and brown leghorns from you, do you have any of those fantastic mille fleur cochins? I loved them SOOOOOO much, quite possibly the prettiest chickens I've ever seen.

By the way, it's nice to meet you all!

I'm going to stick with Mr unknown being a D'Uccle..PH doesn't have many "mixed" breeds-only hatchery stock
lau.gif
and it looks like a D'Uccle hatchery quality chick.
I will be surprised if you get an e-mail back or if you do those are not from his place.He stays in business praying on new chicken people..cheap prices and has all those"rare" breeds
Maybe I should start selling Exotic Rare Muegg Chickens..you know MuttEgg layers
big_smile.png

Quote:
Welcome to our little chicken crazy group
frow.gif

I do have lots of those beautiful Mille Fleur Cochins now I have really added some nicely colored ones ...I just sold trio so all out of adult stock..I think. But I have several in my bator due to hatch soon-those will be for sale.I'm also selling some hatching eggs from that pen.Fertility is excellent with 3 roos in there.
We have sold hundreds of chickens this year and really cut back on what we are breeding since you were out here...lots of tough decisions were made to make room for the Wyandotte pens and the bantam Cochin's...worse than potato chips you can't stop with just one

Having started with a mille fleur d'uccle rooster in my original set, I would tell you to sell that sucker. My little guy was stinkin' adorable and the cutest little thing you ever saw. He was also mean as a snake and vicious. I have scars on both shins from where he drew blood. Hateful little brat. After working with him for years I finally gave up and sold him. Well, I actually sold his women and gave him away.
I would love to have more little d'uccles in the future. They are as cute as they can be. Next time I would definitely get them from a reputable breeder who breeds for personality.

So are we definitely wanting to go hang out on Sunday afternoon? Do we have a time that works for everyone? Late afternoon? Actually, I think it is supposed to rain all day Sunday. Do we want to make a back up plan? Thoughts, people?

Back
Top Bottom